Funny :)

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Funny :)

This is from a comic series called “Pearls before Swine”, popular here in the US. It’s probably true!

9CCD2CEE-E196-4516-96A9-FEFB1659CCD1.jpeg

9 Replies 9
Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

Love it! We reopened mainly because we were tired of each others company. 😕

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Pat271 Funny, and true! I'm seeing "to escape our own four walls" in guest messages a lot.

@Pat271   That's funny, and you know it's actually the perfect illustration of a search tool that I'd love to have that for lack of the technical term I'd call the "donut search."

For example:  Include all listings in all directions within a  100 mile radius from home. But exclude all listings within a 20 mile radius. 

Tech people, what's the proper name for that?

@Anonymous  I'm not a techie, but "Flexible location search"?

I once made airline reservations for myself and my partner's 5 year old son for a vacation from Canada to Guatemala. Being about 23 years old at the time, and not very savvy about such things, I had neglected to check the travel requirements and the 5 year old didn't have a passport, just a birth certificate. Not adequate for a trip to Guatemala. And there we were in the airport with our bags.

So I asked the airline where else warm and tropical they flew that wouldn't require a passport. We flew to St. Lucia instead, on the spot travel change. Had a great time.

@Anonymous That would involve being able to specify an inner and outer radius on a map, and identifying properties lying between those radii. I agree it would be quite useful. I wonder if there is prior art on this idea that might be patentable. 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Oh @Pat271 , that’s funny! 
@Anonymous , @Colleen253  & @Sarah977 , Facebook marketplace allows search ranges within a particular number of kilometres from home. Maybe AIrbnb could do the reverse. Offer a search that starts, like Andrew said, a specific number of kilometres from the home location!  Lol... Get your Google maps on... but may not work if your address is a longitude and latitude, rather than a street number!  Lol..

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Pat271 We need more posts like this one. 🙂

Deidre1
Level 4
Nashville, TN

Love this, Pat. I am just so glad things are starting to lighten up and people are getting out again.

Aye @Deidre1, time to have some fun!