Fustration with editing my ABNB web pages

Douglas115
Level 2
Duluth, MN

Fustration with editing my ABNB web pages

Folks,

We closed our BnB down when Covid was ramping up. We are now planning on reopening and need to update our listings on the ABNB website. Maybe I lost a few brain cells over the Covid break, or maybe Airbnb changed the editing process, but I am struggling to make changes. First, I have an issue with not being able to see the existing text in an editing window. Every place I go, I am faced with a blank screen where I know there is existing text. Am I missing something here?

I also am having trouble navigating to places where I want to change existing text. Example - I want to turn off instant booking, but can't find where I can do that. I want to update the room rates and can't find where to do that.

I am completely willing to admit that it is my fault if someone points out that I am a bonehead and if I simply do X, Y, and Z, then all my problems are solved. I need some help.

Douglas in Duluth

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Douglas115 

Are you using the app or the website ?

Most directions can be found in the Help files by entering right keywords,

like for Instant Book turning on/off:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1510/how-do-i-use-instant-book

Douglas115
Level 2
Duluth, MN

Emiel1 -

I am using the website using Google Chrome on an Imac.

Douglas115
Level 2
Duluth, MN

Also, when I click the link you posted at the end of your response I was taken to help center page talking about Instant Book. So far so good. However at the bottom of the entry there was a 6-step process on how to change the setting. Those steps were slightly different depending on whether you were using the desktop, IOS app, Android app, or mobile browser. I am using the desktop.

Step 1 is to go to Listings (easy enough).

Step 2 is to click Policies and Rules (I can find no entry for Policy and Rules)

Steps 3-6 are irrelevant