GUEST CHECKED OUT 5 DAYS EARLY - WHY DOES HE GET A REFUND?

Jennifer162
Level 2
Gianyar, Indonesia

GUEST CHECKED OUT 5 DAYS EARLY - WHY DOES HE GET A REFUND?

I have a guest who checked out early because he unexpectedly got an allergic problem with some of the plants in the village where I live. He didn't complain as he said he's constantly getting allergies and has learned to live with it. He didn't ask for a refund, just checked out a few days early (i.e. didn't ask for an adjustment, just cancelled those five last days).

So why did AirBNB "adjust" my payout so I don't get paid for those days? Isn't it covered under my "strict" cancellation policy?

The note says:

"Reservation cancelled by Thomas

These dates are now open for rebooking. Your payout has also been adjusted to $72.53for this reservation. You can always offer Thomas a partial or full refund in our Resolution Centre."

Doesn't sound right to me.

It's been a long time since I've had to contact AirBNB direct and every time it seems the process for doing so has changed. What should I do now please, people?

4 Replies 4
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Jennifer162 It 'appears' like the guest got indeed a hold of Airbnb and made a good enough case to fall under Airbnb's infamous "Extenuating Circumtances' policy (the ultimate ace-in-the-hold for Airbnb to circumvent any cancellation policy) and got refunded for the 5 days - for allergies which sounds like he has battled with all his life. Granted, allergies can be a very serious issues with some people. 

But that's the whole point Fred. He DIDN'T do that. He just cancelled. He said it wasn't my fault because he has allergies to so many things.

Wil13
Level 2
Zoetermeer, Netherlands

The best way is to call them, i had an issue with a guest who cancelled and was helped wonderful, here is a list of all their local numbers, pick one that is closest to you: https://all-about-airbnb.com/post/138799279996/airbnb-support-resources-local-phone-numbers-and-emai...

Explain them to full story as you stated here and you might get lucky.

Thanks Wil.