Getting Bombarded with Scam Inquiries

Getting Bombarded with Scam Inquiries

This just started in the past few weeks.  I'm getting one or more scam inquiries every day.  They're from new users, and often in another language.  Here's an example:

"Hey. I will help you make money using the site. all the details on my telegram channel @rent_haus This request can be rejected. All questions can be asked in telegrams, in this chat we do not answer."

I'm sure my response rate is doing amazing as I just type "no" to stop the 24 hour countdown clock, then report the user.  This is getting really annoying though.  Airbnb appears to be removing the scam accounts as the conversation tends to disappear from my inbox after a couple days of me reporting it.

Is anyone else seeing this?

51 Replies 51

Emmye09:24
Привет! можем поговорить в тлеграм. @Dela_gud :

this is the latest message that I received for a booking in September; it look pretty much like the Russian scam.

Привет! можем поговорить в тлеграм. @Dela_gud

same rubbish! just in

I have just got one listed as Melania. I pre-approval and after few minutes I get warning from Airbnb.  I didn't know that was a scam. I just want to maintain my response rate. 

Thanks Airbnb team. Good job. 

Virginia231
Level 2
Horspath, United Kingdom

I just got the message verbatim as you published it.   They get you because it is always difficult to refuse renters eh?

Anne8776
Level 1
Clare, IE

Yes just got one also from @rent_haus. 

Didn't answer it but reported to Airbnb.

Yes.  I just got the scam message.

Elizabeth1805
Level 1
Buffalo, NY

just now...

Gertrude12
Level 2
Macon, GA

Yes...I just got one and suspected something. Just did a google search and read your post.

Maureen338
Level 2
Madison, WI

I received one today from a Regina. Declined and reported to Airbnb.

Arleen8
Level 1
Victorville, CA

Thank you will do. I agree100%  all my guest can ask there question on Airbnb and I don’t like the start of the conversation ... Hey

Harriet16
Level 2
Winston-Salem, NC

This was how my request was worded from Aubine who had no references and nothing on his profile. He joined in 2020 ... obviously something wasn't right. Glad to find all of you posting with similar stories.  

"Hey. I can reserve all the free dates with you. Interesting? Then go to my telegram channel and read all the details! telegram channel @rent_haus." 
Today at 4:32 PM

I responded with "sorry, that won't work for me. 
Hanna1345
Level 1
North Little Rock, AR

Just got my first one in a loooong time today, so I came here to see if anyone else has gotten any.

K-Catherine0
Level 1
Wichita, KS

I just got the invite.  Beware...I would not trust this at all.  Makes me sick they are now hacking this site.  Only happened just now after a terrible guest... can only hope these are different experiences and not a scam for those unscrupulous thugs that entered into my home.

Alex6399
Level 1
Houston, TX

Thank you so much for sharing this. I was super duper confused until I see your post.

Deborah919
Level 1
Shreveport, LA

Yes I just received 2 of them!