Getting Bombarded with Scam Inquiries

Getting Bombarded with Scam Inquiries

This just started in the past few weeks.  I'm getting one or more scam inquiries every day.  They're from new users, and often in another language.  Here's an example:

"Hey. I will help you make money using the site. all the details on my telegram channel @rent_haus This request can be rejected. All questions can be asked in telegrams, in this chat we do not answer."

I'm sure my response rate is doing amazing as I just type "no" to stop the 24 hour countdown clock, then report the user.  This is getting really annoying though.  Airbnb appears to be removing the scam accounts as the conversation tends to disappear from my inbox after a couple days of me reporting it.

Is anyone else seeing this?

51 Replies 51
Laverne13
Level 1
Winston-Salem, NC

Yes, I just got two tonight.... was wondering what it was? Looked suspicious! Thank you for revealing it as a scam.

It's some kind of Russian scam, we have 12 listings and had six inquiry with six different account with same message "Hey. I can reserve all the free dates with you. Interesting? Then go to my telegram channel and read all the details! telegram channel @Airbnb_Vip." Several of the hosts in my city got same. I just decline and report each one of them. One of the host actually went through knowing this is a scam just to see how it works. If you guys are interested in reading below is the blog. Honestly I got lost in the middle of it lol it will be hard to get scam because who has all that time and energy. 

https://theblogofdimi.com/airbnb-vip-telegram-scam/

Evelyn641
Level 1
Reno, NV

I‘be been experiencing the same thing.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya everyone,

Thank you all for reporting this spam messages. If you are ever even the slightest bit unsure about any correspondence you receive, best to hit the report button at your earliest convenience. That way, a report will go to the team in charge of fraud, who can investigate asap.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Same problem to me

Benoit225
Level 1
Liège, BE

Bonjour, je viens d'avoir le même type de demande de "gretchen", proposant de se connecter sur ce site telagram channel@...

hello, I just get an inquiry  as "I liked your apartment. We need to discuss the details of accommodation! My telegram @rent_haus" do you think it is a scam? I answered it already without checking the forum here,  I politely asked if I could get more information about the guests, since the guest was new to airbnb and there was no photo, so I don't know if it is too late.. 

Alessandro422
Level 4
Casalguidi, Italy

Hello, I received this message just now. 

hello! можем поговорить в тг. @Dela_gud \

I think it’s no good, it was a request for 15 days but want to shift conversation on tg.  I don’t like. 

Le Stanze Toscane
Fabio1018
Level 1
Settimo Torinese, Italy

можем поговорить в тг. @Dela_gud \    Just received this message from an account named Joelly.

I'm writing this so that anyone c/p this would find a fast feedback.

Fabio

Kristina251
Level 2
Ayr, United Kingdom

I received this message можем поговорить в тг. @Dela_gud \ from Angelica enquiry for 15 days booking but I suspected this could be a scam . I responded by asking about a purpose of a visit and to clarify the question asked ,but no answer. After that I got a reminder email from Airbnb to respond to exchange messages so I thought I had to either pre-approve or decline. I didn't  want this to affect my response rate and answering back I presumed it wouldn't Was my prompt response to the enquiry enough not to .Am i Right? Luckily I read this thread and now I have declined it. I had one similar request  last month , should we always report suspicious accounts like this ? 

Adrian22
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

just got 3 over last couple days.all @dela_gud they probably won't book but I will know in 24hrs. I've had no warning from Airbnb.I will report back then

keep well Adrian 

Mike2119
Level 1
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Just got one

Hello! можем поговорить в тг. @Dela_gud //

Funny think is that came up with an image of pretty girl (the lure) then disappeared. Airbnb have blocked photos before accepting request so very strange. Translates as "can we chat".

Yousif6
Level 1
Dammam, Saudi Arabia

I also got one from Russia today asking to communicate outside Airbnb (telegram). I declined the reservation. Thanks for the alert.

Marco2708
Level 2
Genoa, Italy

We also received one in russianр.

ивет! можем поговорить в тлеграм. Dela_gud

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Marco2708 

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had one of these recently. The best thing to do in this instance would be to report the message using the function within the message itself, and then it will be picked up by the team and dealt with.

Let me know if you have any issues at all.