Getting in touch with a supervisor/ case manager who can actually make a decision

Marina591
Level 1
New York, NY

Getting in touch with a supervisor/ case manager who can actually make a decision

Hi,

Can someone please help me??? I’m a long-time AIRBNB Host and traveler with lots of positive feedback. AIRBNB wrongfully let a tenant out of my MODERATE cancellation policy without notice and without discussing the situation with me to understand.

I was told that my “case manager” from Trust and Safety team would get back to me within 72 hours to discuss and resolve the matter. Over a week later, Ive made many phone calls and sent several emails to AIRBNB and I've still not received a return call or resolution. 

Each time I call I reach a rep who tells me that they can’t help and that my case manager from Trust and Safety team has to contact me. When I persist, they transfer me to who they say is a supervisor, however this so called supervisor has no authority to review my case or make any decisions in regards to my case. Im given the same canned answer “that they can’t help and that my case manager needs to handle my case.” They assure me that my case manager from Trust and Safety team will get in touch soon, but I never receive the response. Ive spent many hours and I will continue to call and waste the time of the reps until someone calls me, however, maybe someone can help me here? Any tips woud be hightly appreciated. 

I’m completely fed up, feel neglected and  helpless. AIRBNB does NOT take care of its hosts. Ive made them lots of money and in return, they’re not responsive. Way to take care of your hosts AIRBNB. 

Thanks!!!

10 Replies 10

@Marina0,

That must be very frustrating. It sounds like you have been extremely patient and persistent in trying to work things out with host support.

I have not tried this personally, but many hosts have said that when you run into a brick wall with Airbnb support, you take your case to Twitter and Facebook. Make as many posts as you can, loudly complaining about your mistreatment on the Airbnb public Twitter feed and Facebook page.

The claim is that action will often shake loose a person who has the authority to help you.

AirBnB Twitter: @Airbnb2
AirBnB Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/airbnb/

Yaz5
Level 1
Irvine, CA

Same exact thing happened to me! And the case manager who was assigned to my case her name is Ersilia, she made the decision without even having the curtesy to call me and talk to me about it. The listing is accurate but she doesn’t want to understand even with pictures. She is incompetent!

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Yaz5 

Thank you for naming the Manager. This is not good enough. Airbnb please respond .

We need better quality staff if necessary with a slower response time??? 

She is in another country. Does not understand. 

Yaz5
Level 1
Irvine, CA

The case manager is bullying me because she has the power to make the decision on behalf of Airbnb, she said her decision is final without having the courtesy to even call me not once and let me give her my side of the situation. What is driving me crazy is that the listing is accurate and thats what all tenants before said and they gave me all 5 starts. 

How is that even fair? they decide to pay or not pay not based on contract or whats agreed upon between host and Airbnb but based on an incompetent case manager! 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi yaz

Just seen this.

Can you make a fresh complaint and refer the Adviser to these posts?

Hi Yaz. Same here. Guest cancelled and Airbnb blocked my calendar. Impossible getting a live person who can help. Heard they were sold. Now lots of problems. 

Same situation here!  Ineffective case manager, Vanessa P., seems to think her decision is ‘final’ when it’s wrong and doesn’t even align with the Airbnb website terms.  I’m trying to escalate and this is frustrating!  SuperHost with over 450 reviews!  And, the property in question has 5stars and 150 reviews of its own.

Melissa-and-Sam0
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Four calls to airbnb tonight, they are failing to assist superhost, so we are taking all their profits, else where, or on our own.  

Airbnb needs to prove they paid TOURIST TAX DEVELOPMENT TAX, AND THEY JUST LIE. 

SO THE FINE GOES UP WITH THE LOCAL COUNTY. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Melissa-and-Sam0

I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulties getting the answers you need. When going on your listing and trying to make a booking, I can see which taxes would be taken and it includes the Tourist Development Tax, as you can see there:

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 08.46.50.png

There is also ore information on this page regarding the collected taxes. I hope this helps!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines