Getting paid in South Africa

David62
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Getting paid in South Africa

Recently the pay out process for hosting in South Africa has changed. Although Airbnb is sending us a message that they have received and released payment, it take a number of days, sometimes over a week before our bank contact us and let us know that they received an international payment. It is then a complicated process to verify payment and source of income before our money is received in our bank account. This happens for each and every payment / booking we receive.

Is there any other way in which we can receive payment, without having to go through the process of declaring international payments each time with our bank?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

52 Replies 52

Payoneer used to be affordable but their recent fees on withdrawals has led me to look elsewhere.

Hi Natalie What are you usIng now? I am also having same issues with Payoneer. Its too expensive for withdrawals

Lidia64
Level 1
Hoedspruit, South Africa

Hi ,

I am waiting for my first payment from AirBNB.

Can someone please clarify:

Do you have a fill in a mandate from Exchange4free to get the money released ?

According to Payoneer the money goes from them straight to my South African bank accunt.

According to the number of the amatuer mandate received from Exchange4free, they receive all payments from Airbnb and only release it after they have received the mandate.

Other AIRBNB Hostes in South Africa - you help will be highly appreciated!

Thank you 

Lidia ****

Chris660
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Lidia,

I hope you get an answer...as I got that same email from E4F and to be honest, I'm freaking out that my banking details have been compromised  😞

Chris

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Chris660,

Welcome to the Community Center. I am sorry to hear your worry here.

I can confirm that Airbnb has partnered with Exchange4free. Before the money is sent to you account from Airbnb, I believe you should have received an email with details about this, which included the link to an Exchange4free form. Is that the case?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Bernard171
Level 2
Hermanus, South Africa

good day lizzie

i have read many threads regrading the exchange 4 free issue. i have also started receiving texts and mails since the start of 2018 ( never before) to click on the click in the mail and fill out a reserve bank mandate before i can receive my funds. i just want to make sure that this is not some one trying to hack my account. please advise

@Chris660 I have just started getting these messages since the start of 2018 from exchange for free, and like you i am freaking out. could you please advise me weather you clicked on the link and filled out the mandate form for the reserve bank? i just don't want to compromise my details. thanks in advance.

Chris660
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Bernard,

I completed the form mid-2017 and received my payment without problems. Also received a 2nd payment without concerns...so all seems to be ok.

To be honest, I'm seriously thinking about going back to the Paypal system and just paying the +-8% fees to get everything back to ZAR.

Good luck,

Chris

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Chris660 for responding here. Just mentioning in @Bernard171 so he sees your response. 

Hello Bernard, just wanted to confirm that Airbnb has partnered with Exchange4free. Chris, has actually experienced how it works. 

I hope this puts your mind at rest. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Theunisia0
Level 2
Jeffreys Bay, South Africa

Hi Chris

I am new to airbnb and chose the direct transfer in ZAR as pay out method..... i have only hosted twice now and both times over a R100 ZAR was deducted and that was not from South African banks but a UK based bank........i have been phoning exchange4free and they were saying they do NOT decuct moneys but they cannot find my payout via email?? Can anyone help me?

Regards

Theunisia

@Lidia0   Does Airbnb not support host payments directly to your bank account in South Africa? 

@Sarah977 What I don't understand is why they don't use personal PayPal accounts in South Africa? It's cheaper and AirBnB accepts it as a payout method, they are one of the global countries it is available to. 

https://www.paypal.com/am/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

Sofia201
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Good afternoon everyone, I'm still trying to find out which code did you use for declaring the airbnb revenue. This question was asked in the tread but no answer yet. Can somebody give me the code use to receive the funds ?

Thanks sophie

Nicole544
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I experience delays in payments since 2018. Never had problems before. Exchange4free said I must sign form and they will email me form. But I never received the form. So now I am not getting paid. Contacting Airbnb is useless. Does anyone have a copy of this form that I must sign or has anyone experienced the same problem and how can one solve it ?

Nicolene2
Level 1
Pretoria, South Africa

I am also experiencing problems with payments.  I had to sign the form through Exchange4free and nothing happened.  No payments.  It is really worrying and frustrating.