Gift from a Guest!

Larry339
Level 10
Brant, Canada

Gift from a Guest!

We recently received a lovely gift of Chinese art from a guest.

Our hosting experience so far has been a stream of great guests, leaving excellent reviews and five-star ratings, but this is our first gift. It was so unexpected that I wanted to share and wonder how common this is in the Airbnb hosting world? What is the best gift you have received?

32 Replies 32
Kim-And-Lane0
Level 2
Gainesville, GA

We've had guests bring us gifts, too.  It just blew us away that they'd do that for us! It's been mostly food from their areas...their favorites or local specialties.  A great way to try food we'd never have had the opportunity to enjoy.  One also brought us a German beer stein.  We had one family take us out to a nice dinner during their stay and just rave about how much they were enjoying their time here. Then, they left us our only 4 star review...go figure.  All the gifts were so unexpected and thoughtful!

@Kim-And-Lane0 Great gifts and guest feedback.

I am not sure if it helps, but I am direct about 5-star ratings and what they mean, and it is considered a fail it the rank is less than five stars. Even our listing description is "Scenic Drive: five-star country luxury."  

They also get three different emails saying we want them to have a five-star experience. So far, it works, and who knows if it's because of what I do but in spite of it.

Christopher2
Level 3
Cumnor, United Kingdom

Over the years of hosting I’ve received so many gifts. I look after ( co-host ) a couple of other properties in Oxford and have a some regular visitors from China. They have brought me so many beautiful gifts, my favourite is a hand bound writing notepad. People are so kind!