Giving Airbnb as a gift-- making it easier

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Giving Airbnb as a gift-- making it easier

So as I am wrapping my gifts for tomorrow's exchange with family (yes, I am procrastinating) I just had an idea. I gave an Airbnb stay to a family member so that we can visit her child at college for her birthday along with an airline ticket. I have been trying to print out the reservation in a way that presents well so I can put it into her card but either I get the "details" page with a map or the email notification. Neither are ideal, but I have fussed with the printing until I finally got something to work.

Wouldn't it be great to have a "gift" mode so that you could print a reservation's details in an attractive way? Of course you would want to leave off the pricing etc.  There would also have to be a way for a host to ensure that the recipient has a profile without  alerting the recipient of the gift. (In my own case I know the host so that was not as big of a concern, but I understand you could not do this with a third party booking.) I get a lot of bookings where one person wants to surprise the other with a getaway-- I think Airbnb stays make a great gift.  Maybe there is already some way to do this that I am just not aware of?

1 Reply 1
Mathew83
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Would be great. I am trying to create a one pager now to give as a gift after booking a stay.