Giving guest same nightly rate for their revised dates

Giving guest same nightly rate for their revised dates

Hello everyone, I am a brand new host.

I have guests coming in mid July. They have sent revised dates of arrival and departure for August now (well within the timeline of cancellation/change of reservation policy).

With revised dates request, my smart pricing is now giving almost double the rate as compared to the original reservation. I would like to keep the pricing the same, but in the updated request, I do not see this option from host end. Is there a way I can adjust the pricing so my guest pay the same amount? I am ok with the original pricing (with all assumptions in place for cleaning cost/all others cost to maintain my apt).

Any help is appreciated as to what is the best option as host for me to proceed?

12 Replies 12
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tania600 

You can correct te price in the change form.

On the inital form, after changing the dates,   click in the pricefield and enter correct price.

If the change is already processed, you can still do it by performing a second change on the reservation.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tania600  As new hosts, you would not be aware that some savvy, conniving guests will request a date change specifically because it creates a situation where they are no longer held to the original cancellation/ refund parameters. Then they cancel and get a refund, while their original dates can't be rebooked because there's not enough time for you to get another booking.

Certainly some change requests are legitimate, but it's something to be wary about.

thank you for the insights as a new host its good to know and thanks to everyone else here who responded to my initial request.

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

My vote is to accept the change and to allow the same price. When you make 2-3 years as a host, you will know your local market better and you will know what kind of people are booking your place mostly. Your look on those kind of situations will be different and you will not relay so much on the smart pricing.

@Sarah977 's post is something, you should keep in mind!

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

Nao  entendo Engles. que lastima!!

Thank you Dimitra27. I ended up keeping the same price as it will be my first host.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hola @Loni56 haz clic aquí para ver el CC en español 🙂 

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

Olá Nik obrigada pela atenção!falo e leio português!

Um pouco de alemão !

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Opa, desculpe @Loni56 , que pena. Por favor, siga este link para português. 

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

Bom dia Nik muito obrigada tenha um exelente domingo !! Att Loni

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

If the guest wants to change and the rate is different,  than the guest needs to understand that this is a consequence of the change. Theoretically you would be able to book at that higher rate.  

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Tania600 

If you do wish to keep the reservation at the same rate, accept the change. Then go to "Change or Cancel" on the reservation and follow the prompts to change the reservation total based on the night rate.