Go full Crusoe: Six private islands to rent now on - Fred & others featured in New Zealand media

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Go full Crusoe: Six private islands to rent now on - Fred & others featured in New Zealand media

Well done folks, looks like our local New Zealand Herald Newspaper must pop into Community centre from time to time

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/news/article.cfm?c_id=7&objectid=12127221

Go full Crusoe: Six private islands to rent now on Airbnb

19 Sep, 2018 12:15pm
7 Replies 7
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

ahhh.. islands... no neighbours... heaven :))

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

What is funny is that the only way we find out where we are featured most lately is usually by our guests, who usually inform us of the latest. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. 🙂

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen427

I just love the Kiwi entrepreneurial spirit.

A great wee country that is open for business and looks for opportunities in the unlikeliest of markets instead of standing back idle......who can forget those green lipped mussel supplements!

On my bucket list, I will be making the journey sometime in the future.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw, very nice article @Helen427. I do like the sounds of island life 🙂 I wonder if there are guests out there in the world, who just book Airbnb islands for their stays? That would be a pretty cool bucket list, in my opinion. 

@Fred13, it appears your little island is famous around the globe. You've got to be proud of the amazing little island you built. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@LizzieBird Island is my last project in life, so yes it is a most fortunate finish. Most important, it has given me a very positive lasting view of people, for I am lucky that I do get to exchange with them in a bit of a Shangri-La. 

My last project, did I say? Well, this Fall I start (see below), a new small-group-of-guests service with 4 beautiful boats designed to go to far-away hidden places in still unspoiled in Belize. Ok, this will be my last project (I think).  LOL

Privase4.jpg

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Really?!? I think you are a man of huge creativity and inventiveness, I would bet this is just one of many 'last projects', @Fred13 🙂

I love the sounds of your boats, are they for day trips or would people be able to stay on them?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Yes, one is can be overnight (AC, all redone inside, upstairs lounge, etc). This one is for manatee watch boat and bird watching. The view from the upstairs lounge is awesome.

Privasea boat2.jpg