Going out on a high note!

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

Going out on a high note!

As many of you know, due to a "final straw" struggle with CS, I snoozed my listing indefinitely a couple weeks ago, but still had a few reservations to finish out. Well, my last few guests are a wonderful reminder of why I started hosting in the first place.

The guests who just checked out were only 20 years old. They couldn't have been nicer or more respectful of my home. They were the 5-star guests we all hope for, and not only that, they were adorable and kind and pleasant and thankful for everything I provided. If not for Coronavirus, I would have hugged these two when they left!

I have two reservations left before pulling up my Airbnb welcome mat. They are both 20-something females who stayed with me last year and wanted to come back. I remember both of them and they were amazing guests so I'm happy to welcome them back.

There is just so much negativity in the CC these days I wanted to remind us that there is still GOOD out there!  (And that young guests aren't necessarily bad guests!)

20 Replies 20
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Luke279 

The following link should be useful to you, if you want to be more agreable! 🙂

https://news.umich.edu/personality-influences-how-one-reacts-to-email-errors/

Although I know english grammar, I am always prone to make grammar mistakes .... 🙂

So I do not care for other´s erros. 

@Cormac0  @Ute42 

@Luke279  This is an international English speaking forum- not everyone, worldwide, who participates here is completely fluent in English. Half the native English speakers I know use poor grammar and can't spell properly- it's quite rude to criticize someone here because their English isn't perfect.

How many languages do you speak and write fluently?

das ist sehr gut @Ute42 , I would have to say I agree with that type of host statement, My wife and I are doing this for a business that will allow us to retire with nearly the same standard of living we have worked hard our entire lives attaining.  Business is tough, sometimes its brutal and occasionally its  the wondrous marshmallow and  pfeffernusse world where everything is sunshine and roses. Iits not for the meke, fragile  or weak and the only true friend you can depend on most of the time is the one in the mirror.  Im not happy with the customer service level at this time on the Mothership but its not gonna stop me from DBA Bearpath Lodging and paying the bills.  If they go out of business, I will find another booking agent and drive on.  Thats the way the real world works until the end, then it doesnt matter....   Stay well, JR

Pfeffernusse

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

At times like these it appears that it has brought to light more our differences than our similarities; understandably since there is no one single social issue taking place, but a myriad of them happening at the same time. 

Like never before, walking in parallel with society may behoove the wisest, especially with so many agendas being presented as the 'correct' one, and membership in anyone of them has to be exclusionary of all the others.  Please.

As a direct consequence of this 'social distancing' (no punt intended) and not either fighting city hall nor joining them which isn't going to happen, I really do feel freer than ever before.

Just food for thought.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Luke279  Thanks for that.

I don't understand what kind of person hijacks a positive thread about good guests only to essentially tell me "good riddance." What a nasty thing to do.

And while she may have experience in STR, with a grand total of 5 Airbnb reviews (none within the last year) she most certainly cannot relate to the daily trials of those of us who host on Airbnb on a regular basis.

@Suzanne302  I normally appreciate Ute's posts, quite a bit. And I don't think her contributions here lack value simply because she doesn't rent through Airbnb much- as far as I gather, she's been doing strs for longer than most of us, and I'm sure has pretty much seen it all.

But I agree that her response to you was completely uncalled-for.