Golf Cart Liability

Andy2275
Level 1
Charleston, SC

Golf Cart Liability

Do you provide a golf cart/beach chairs/surfboards with your listing?   Airbnb will not give a straight answer about liability coverage for golf carts.   Host protection insurance clearly states it does not cover 'auto' accidents, but no mention of golf carts.   

We live in a small beach community and many rental properties out here provide a golf cart for guests to use to get to the beach areas.  We offer this at no additional charge to the guests. 

I have considered adding an additional Docu-sign waiver to the check-in for an additional layer of liability coverage.  Regardless I would appreciate any information from the group or additional insights you may have regarding how to best protect myself from liability in this case.  

Thank you!

41 Replies 41

Here is an image of the page... you can see the link in the image to website to check it out on your own.

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 3.14.31 PM.png

Very Helpful Scott, much appreciated. We will have our Surf City NC property (The Kraken) listed soon, hope you check it out if you're ever in the area.

Would you be willing to send me your liability waivers for your golf cart? (: 

Hi Scott,

Great info!

Question: have you switched from using the Money Request link on Airbnb for the Boob security deposit and fee to Venmo/Paypal/Zelle? It looks like you have renters book Boob direct with you and not through Airbnb? 

Thanks for your help,

Nicole

Hi! I am have a new listing and I am planning to rent my golf cart as a separate fee. How do you do that on airbnb since they don't have optional fees?

Can you send me what you use. Want to start using something my email is **[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]. Thanks 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hey @Michelle3070 , I'm afraid I've had to remove the email address you shared for your own safety. We don't allow sensitive or personal information to be shared publicly in the Community Center, but you can send a DM instead (just click on someone's name and you will see the option to do this on their profile).  😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you for this helpful thread!  Quick question, how do you charge the golf cart rental fee through airbnb?  do you do a separate money request at the time of booking?

thank you

Scott... hate to beat a dead cactus, but your original post you say you charge "security deposit and the rental fee thru AirBnB". But then you say you do it through the external site. What's the process through airbnb to charge "security deposit and the rental fee thru AirBnB"?

TIA

I am new to Airbnb and would also like to provide a golf cart with my rental property.

How do you collect the deposit through Airbnb?

Thanks 

Maribel

Did you ever figure this out?  We are getting ready to rent our cart as well.

I have found that you cannot request deposits via airbnb anymore. They do not allow it.  You can request money for additional services, however. I do this for things like our pet fee and now golf cart.

So for our security deposit, I incorporate a link in our automated emails that go out at booking.  This explains that they are to pay the deposit via PayPal. Airbnb will not support adding your paypal link to their messages either.  It has to be done with a platform that automates your messages. I use hospitable.

I hope that helps.

Tim2647
Level 2
Encinitas, CA

Has anyone found an insurance provider in California that will provide insurance for renters of the golf cart? Apparently Formost will do it Florida and some other states, but not in California. I think having a golf cart with my vacation rentals would be great, but only if it’s insured. 

Mary4465
Level 2
Hallettsville, TX

@Scott1342  I’m new to hosting and also include a golf cart in my listing.  Would you be willing to share your waiver document and/the DocuSign form with me?  Thanks.

@Mary4465 @Jessica2021 I built a website to handle all this. Checkout **

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.