Golf Cart Liability

Andy2275
Level 1
Charleston, SC

Golf Cart Liability

Do you provide a golf cart/beach chairs/surfboards with your listing?   Airbnb will not give a straight answer about liability coverage for golf carts.   Host protection insurance clearly states it does not cover 'auto' accidents, but no mention of golf carts.   

We live in a small beach community and many rental properties out here provide a golf cart for guests to use to get to the beach areas.  We offer this at no additional charge to the guests. 

I have considered adding an additional Docu-sign waiver to the check-in for an additional layer of liability coverage.  Regardless I would appreciate any information from the group or additional insights you may have regarding how to best protect myself from liability in this case.  

Thank you!

41 Replies 41

@Scott1342 how do you get your guest to your website? Do you drop the website link in the Airbnb message? It seems to block things out for me. 

4 -5 days before a guest arrives, I sent them a text that has info they need and a link to the website (and why they need to go to it).   It looks like this.  

Hello (name)!

This is Scott (co-host) for your visit at the Huusli (day and date). 

I will be your “go-to” guy during your stay if you have any questions or issues.

Your door code is the last 4 digits of the phone number that is registered with Airbnb.  

The website link below will let you know the following:

In’s and outs of the Huusli - (this is a must watch)

Fireplace Instructions

Fire pit Instructions

Golf Cart Rental information (Sorry, it is now stored for the winter)

Local Area guide - (another great way to get the most out of your stay)

Our website was designed to help you get the most out of the Huusli during your visit.

(website address here)

Bring your favorite slippers as the floor gets cool during this time of year.

Please do not start a fire the morning of checkout.  The hot embers make it dangerous for our cleaning team.

I ask that you please share this with other members in your group so they also know how to operate our little cabin.

The Huusli Binder (located in the great room) has your wifi information and checkout instructions.

Please confirm that you have received this message so we know you have all the info for a great visit.

This is great information, thank you for sharing. I'll be sure to reach out if I am IL.

How do you request the deposit for Boop through Airbnb?

Thank you

Maribel

Hi Robert.  I send them a text about 5 days before they show up with looks like this.

Hello (name)!

This is Scott (co-host) for your visit to the Huusli (day and date) 

I will be your “go-to” guy during your stay if you have any questions or issues.

Your door code is the last 4 digits of the phone number that is registered with Airbnb.  

The website link below will let you know the following:

In’s and outs of the Huusli - (this is a must watch)

Fireplace Instructions

Fire pit Instructions

Golf Cart Rental information (Sorry, it is now stored for the winter)

Local Area guide - (another great way to get the most out of your stay)

Our website was designed to help you get the most out of the Huusli during your visit.

(website address here)

Bring your favorite slippers as the floor gets cool during this time of year.

Please do not start a fire the morning of checkout.  The hot embers make it dangerous for our cleaning team.

I ask that you please share this with other members of your group so they also know how to operate our little cabin.

The Huusli Binder (located in the great room) has your wifi information and checkout instructions.

Please confirm that you have received this message so we know you have all the info for a great visit.

This is an image of the golf cart page.  I can't post the url but you can see it in the image.

**[Image removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. 

Thank you so much. This is very helpful. We need to step up our Airbnb game. We have a beach condo at North Myrtle Beach and we close on our second one end of April and will set it up airbnb & vrbo. I love the website idea and your videos. Great Idea... which site did you build your website on? 

Would you mind re-sharing the image of the golf cart page? It looks like the image was removed from the time you first posted. 

Very helpful! 

Thank you so much! Very helpful!

Hi Mary.  Sorry for the super slow reply.  I did switch from a docusign to a form that I built on our website. 

I can't post the link to the website but you can see it in the image I am attaching to the reply.

**[Image removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. 

Hi Scott, can you describe how you insure your golf cart for liability protections when guests use it.  I have been told it is very expensive to have "vehicle" insurance where you have it for public use.  I was recommended to keep the cart as an amenity of the listing and not use a separate rental agreement and charge a fee for use........this feels like more liability rather than less?

Did you find a way to insure your golf cart? 

Allstate provides golf cart insurance for all drivers whom you give permission to to use it. Drivers must have a driving license. Golf cart needs to be street legal. You must offer it as a free amenity that comes with the house and not charge guests for it separately.

This is the broker I use:

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines