Good PR at our expense

Kenneth-And-Lilia0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Good PR at our expense

So I was watching Fox News this evening and was about sick when I heard "AirBnB has launched their free homes project to help people displaced from the hurricane" and then the host saying, "It's great Private Industry is getting involved".  So let me get this straight, we open up OUR house at OUR expense to help people and AirBnB takes the credit?  Uh, no!  My thought, If ABB wants the PR, they should pay us fair market rates for our properties.  THEN, and ONLY THEN, can they say they are helping.  They aren't out one penny for this but expect us to supply a room, supplies, cleanings, laundry...and they are doing something?  BS!

31 Replies 31

Yes!  These poor victims will be walking wrecks!  I wish there was a way that hosts could go to a list of those signed up and select folks with circumstances that would be a good fit for their openings - along with requested duration of stays.

The Camp Fire “couple” I took in thought Airbnb was paying me big bucks. He sat on my back deck smoking pot all day (these land-mates home burned down in Paradise, but thank goodness he was able to grab 7 pounds of marijuana before all was lost) and she hid out in my guest room with a pen writing on all the linen. I told them to get out after 10 days. Free rent is one thing however,  I am not your maid. Airbnb was the worst in their response to this. Guess what? After I told the entitled “land-mates” to leave, “land-mate” male came back to get mail (yes all their GoFundMe me packages and loot started showing up) and a bad thing happened. I do not wish to go there. I am done with the fake Airbnb BS (“Airbnb gives back to the community by ripping off and putting your Grandma in danger” should be their motto). Teaching myself to rent my room out on my own and will attempt renting to traveling nurses. BTW, that million dollar guarantee Airbnb keeps touting is quite laughable and is real evil bad BS propaganda. However, that’s how most insurances work. And don’t any of you dare to scold me on not doing my research. I already go through great lengths to try and protect myself from lying rip-off predators. That’s why I choose to use Airbnb. HaHaHaHa! I am an idiot.