Great Result and Thanks to Airbnb

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Great Result and Thanks to Airbnb

Hey guys,

Credit where credit is due, lots of people moan about Airbnb customer service but we should also thank them when it's needed

Thats what Im doing right now I had two guest damage my Ceramic Hob which was only 4 months old, I put in a claim.

The dispute was resolved in just over a week and the money sent.

So, a BIG Thanks to Airbnb the cost of the damage was over $400 we would have took a big loss that week.

To me it also shows to the guest they cannot go around treating people property anyway they want they will definatly think twice next time.

Cheers Airbnb 

Nung

18 Replies 18
Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

I recently had success in getting my money back for 4 blankets that were stolen. Some crazy things could happen, but as long as we keep documentation and file complaints according to requirements it will probably be okay.

@Cheryl389  I read your original post about it!  So did the guest actually admit she'd stolen them?  

The first person that stole the four blankets never responded to my messages and never admitted anything, but I had confirmation of the blankets that I had there as well as information about their cost that I was able to submit to Airbnb, and customer service decided to offer me the amount of money I asked for. In the second case that this happened, the person offered me the reimbursement himself.

Lucky you, my guest for 3 days of booking costed me more in damages then his whole reservation by forgetting to close property shower curtain and Airbnb paid me $0.00 from $700+ claim. receipts and documentation provided. The most disrespectful guests come from Airbnb in my experiance

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Thats the key keep any documentaion we were lucky the hob was only 4 month old that was an expensive 2 days for the guest

So good you posted this @Sudsrung0  - it's important that we hear about things when they go right too! Glad it worked out for you!

Cheers

@Sudsrung0     You were lucky it was only four months old because had it been older you would only have received depreciation amount, an amount which never comes anywhere close to covering the cost of replacing the item.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Sudsrung0 

Thank you for sharing this positive story! 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Gemma171
Level 2
Harbertonford, United Kingdom

Great to know! I just bought everything new for my room so I’ll hang onto those records!

@Gemma171 

keep all the receipts for at least 5 years, you may need them in case your guests break something.

Take photo's is helpful

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Airbnb CS always helped me in a timely manner and I have only good experiences with them in my 3 years of hosting (knock on wood)

Contact via Twitter or email is simple but phone verification is exhausting and takes forever if you have to pay international phone call rate as we do.. CS rep was great but she had to fill neverending verification form where I was asked numerous questions .

I've heard that damage claims under 250 US$ are relatively simple to resolve if, of course, it doesn't happen too often ... but over that sum.... hm...

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

My goodness. Finally I heard something positive about Airbnb handling a host’s case,

Come on there has got to be lots of good results that nobody knows about