Gross guest - need help writing first bad review :(

Alexandria0
Level 6
Louisville, KY

Gross guest - need help writing first bad review :(

Hi All! 

I unfortunately feel the need to write my first bad review. 

A guest over the weekend vomited on our carpet and didn't bother to tell us about it. When I came to clean the apartment later in the day, I found a dirty towel that they attempted to clean the mess up with, soaking wet and stained in the bathtub. Then I discovered where they vomited on the carpet. The carpet after much steam cleaning, is still stained.

While I understand that accidents happen, I don't understand how they could be so inconsiderate as to not just let me know that they had made such a mess, so that I could know what I was walking in to when I came to clean that day. 

Any tips on what I should write in the review?? 

3 Replies 3
Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

I would mention the good (if any) and the bad (the vomit and the secrecy about it). The truth is best, but temper it with some good points if they were good guests except for that incident. I suppose they were embarassed but that really isn't an excuse.....because it was not possible to hide or clean up they should have written you an appology and offer to pay to have the carpet cleaned. You could still claim the cleaning cost through the resolution center, or out of your deposit if you have one. That is, of course, if the guests admit that they did it.

Jolanta1
Level 2
Issaquah, WA

It was very hard to that for me... I was trying to keep positive and ignore a lot of facts of disrespect from my guest, until I got enough.
I had a slight suspicion that some guests don't tell the truth how many of them will stay in the condo (2 bed/2 bath) but I was furious when couple moved out and after 3 days there were 6 bags of trash on the balcony including diapers... The food was everywhere... rubbed into the rugs, on the windows, walls, under the beds.. All spear bedding a were used up, all towels, all papertowels... Sinks were like pigs were eating from them for weeks... It was oil me 8 hours to clean (spring cleaning) and two trips to condo to wash and restock everything... I confronted them but they were not giving in and kept lying.
That was the day when I decided to write the truth and stop being 'nice'... Hope it helps
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Be honest and calm. Don't use adjectives, and say whether the guest offered to compensate you.