Guest Cancelled Reservation, And Reviewed stay

Philip252
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

Guest Cancelled Reservation, And Reviewed stay

I had guest this week arrive and got annoyed at the fact I do not supply breakfast or have clothes dryer which I have not listed as amenities . She decided to cancel her stay within 15 mins of arrving over this ! She complained all other air bnbs give her breakfast, but i explained not something I do. Due to her cancelling she did not get a refund . But was then shocked to find she reviewed me ! like how/why she never stayed with me and cancelled over petty reasons ! Air bnb have been no help as they say she has right to review me, who on earth is going to give a nice review after cancelling and not getting a refund !

4 Replies 4
Terry15
Level 2
Houston, TX

Dude - change your profile picture.  Seriously , you look like you are in a mosh pit. 

Hi @Terry15 , 🙂 🙂 🙂

We have a saying in Germany: "Gleich und gleich gesellt sich gern" which is: The same kind of people like to gather. Maybe he wants to attract a real cool audiance.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Philip252People are allowed to review you even if they don't stay, provided they don't say anything untrue in their review. This to ensure that people can still review hosts or guests if they cancel for a valid reason, i.e. the space not being as advertized, or the guest having too many people when they arrive and being denied entrance to the listing. 

Personally, although I think her review is unfair (she should have read your listing rather than making assumptions), I would call Airbnb and ask them to remove your response to her. Although she gave you three stars, the written portion was positive. Your response makes you seem very defensive, and will do you no favours with future potential guests. Remember that your responses aren't to the guest that's already stayed with you: they're for future guests who are considering staying with you. Were it not for your response, no one would have known that she gave you less than five stars. 

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Or just refund the crazy people to avoid their destructive reviews ?