Guest Experiences, "The extra touch/gesture/mile"

George381
Level 1
Lancaster, PA

Guest Experiences, "The extra touch/gesture/mile"

Hello Everyone! 

What are you dong to go the "extra mile" with your guests? ...

I have not ventured into the land of hosting quit yet (As i dont have a space to post yet) but I do have a background in food/hospitality and I understand a guest always enjoys that "little exra touch" to an experience. Especially an experience they are paying for!, whether it is at a restaurant, hotel (AirBnb), movie theater, or grocery store when something unexpected is present, guests feel that more special, impressed, and are more trusting and likely to talk about your brand (AirBnb/resturant/experience/etc..).  Now even more so when a guest is expecting something after having committed time and money, it isnt enough to just meet those expectations. I believe you have to "wow" them and exceed what they thought they paid for. 

Make senses doesnt it?! 

I'm also a brand ambassador with access to a multitude of brands/services that aim to elevate and improve over all. I thought gearing this avantage to an avenue such as an AirBnb would be great!

Curious to hear what others are doing? 

I like to say I have a degree in creativity so If you need help or just have questions and/or thoughts, fire away! 🙂 

2 Replies 2
Marcy10
Level 4
Russell, Canada

Hi George, I usually chat a bit with my guests before their arrival to find out what is bringing them to the area.  In the conversation there are usually naturally times to suggest local restaurants or shops and I do also include these suggestions on my page and in my house binder.  Our location is a cottage so in addition to shower towels I also provide "lake" towels for each guest.  When guests mention they are coming to celebrate a birthday or anniversary I leave an appropriate card/bottle of wine.

Michael2063
Level 2
Spring Beach, Australia

Hi yes, I agree. Contact the guest and ask what they are looking for. It may be history, wine or bushwalking. You should be able to offer on line some places they can see before they arrive. They will not back track. Yes provide info about local food outlets as they should have an evening meal before arriving if after 7pm., however  I have freezer meals if they are late.

I have walking maps of our area in their room along with relevant brochures like ferry time tables to a island nearby.

Always have outside light on, greet them at the door, carry heavy luggage and offer them a drink or shower to freshen up. Luxury dressing gowns are a big hit with my guests. They appreciate that.

My guest usually are a little 'blown away' with our house and beach views so I offer them out onto the deck in summer with a drink. Most important - listen to them, dont tell them.

And they love the offer of a cooked breakfast, simple, just fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon with toast with a good brewed coffee.