Guest/Host Review Question

Nichola7
Level 3
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Guest/Host Review Question

Hi!

I hope all's well!

I thought that unless both guest and host reviewed the stay no reviews were published? However, I had a guest contact me recently to say thanks very much for the review I gave her and sorry that she hadn't made the review deadline to write one for me.  Have I got it wrong - are my reviews for guests made public regardless of whether the guest reviews me?

Many thanks for any info.

All the best,

Nichola 

9 Replies 9
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Nichola7 reviews are published either once both parties have completed their reviews, or after 14 days if one of the parties chooses not to review. Even if your guest hasn't reviewed you, your review of them would still be published after the 14 days.

Many thanks for clarifying Alexandra. All the best, Nichola

Ned-And-Laura0
Level 10
Simi Valley, CA

Both sides have 14 days to write a review.  If either party writes a review and the other does not, then the review will be posted after the 14 days.  If both parties write a review then it is posted as soon as both are completed.  

Ok great, thanks for clarifying Ned and Laura. All the best, Nichola

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

That would make the review system pretty worthless if all you had to do to avoid a bad review is not leave one yourself! Hosts would quickly figure out to just leave reviews for guests who were super happy with their stay.

Here's how it actually works:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2059/host-and-guest-reviews

Both people have 14 days. If both host and guest submit a review before 14 days, they'll post them early. If only one person submits, they'll hold it to give the other party a chance to review within the 14-day window when it will publish. You also have 14 days to respond to a review once it's posted to your account.

Nichola7
Level 3
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Hi @Allison2 - yes I see that it would  - no problem with the review system, I just wasn't clear that's exactly how it worked so thanks for clarifying and for the link.. All the best, Nichola

Thanks Allison2 .

I wonder if this information is still current.

Unfortunately the link you have posted no longer works. 

@Marta800 The review system is the same. Do you have any questions regarding the review system?

Kind regards Sandra 

Thank you Sandra.

If is is unchanged, then that answers my questions.

Many thanks for your help and interest.