Guest Peeing in the front yard

Guest Peeing in the front yard

Someone in my guest party was recorded on my ring peeing in the front yard near the entrance. I think this is despicable and would like to cancel the rest of the 30 days stay? Is that possible? I have sent ABB the video for their review. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

If a guest finds it necessary to pee in the yard of the house that they are staying in, as a host, I would go over there to inspect what else is going on before contacting Air BNB.  Pretty sure you might have more reason to cancel the reservation after that.  

They have violated other house rooms. They reserved four guests but brought 8, I let it slide. They were smoking weed and cigarettes in the back yard throwing their cigarette butts in my neighbor's back yard. They moved the video camera so that I could not see them smoking which is against the house rules. I have informed ABB and sent evidence. Unfortunately, I do not live in the state where the ABB is located. 

Two red flags for your hosting on this platform, i.e, no local representation to deal with problems and you "let it slide" when double the number of guests showed up.  Complaining now to Air BNB will probably not get you anywhere but you have the right to forego your money and shorten the stay as suggested by @Anonymous 

What does ABB do when there are too many guest?

Nothing.  It is up to the host to manage the guests.  You either stop the addition of guests or charge for the addition ( if that is how you are set up) or cancel the booking.  You then can write a review that includes the negative guest behavior.

@Portasha-and-Rytainya0 If you no longer consent to hosting these guests, Airbnb has no legal authority to override you - regardless of whether you supply evidence. It's always your right to terminate the booking and forfeit your payout for the unused nights.

But that's the easy part. 

As soon as the stay is terminated, Airbnb no longer has any responsibility for it. So you need boots on the ground to make sure the guests vacate your property immediately, before they have a chance to squat in and/or damage it. If you're hosting remotely, I sure hope you have a local co-host who can keep the house under control, because Airbnb is definitely not going to do that for you!