Guest Profile Incomplete

Suja25
Level 2
Washington, DC

Guest Profile Incomplete

Hello, I'm brand new to hosting and am leery of a recent inquiry. This person wants to book for one night (Saturday) in February and there is nothing in her profile - no reviews, photo, etc. The only verification is a phone number - no government id or email. It shows that she joined in November 2019 and she lives in the area. I don't feel comfortable with this situation. I messaged her and asked for information about herself and the reason for the one night booking. Does anyone have any additional advice? Thank you!

6 Replies 6

@Suja25  If it was just an inquiry and not a request, you don't have to pre-approve or decline - a response is sufficient.

WIth a request, you have 24 hours to make a decision, based on the answers to your follow-up questions. If you require more verifications before you will accept a booking, you can give the guest an opportunity to complete the profile. And if the clock is running out and you're still not sure, just decline - you can always send a Special Offer later if you change your mind.

Steven65
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi @Suja25 Go with your gut feel, and decline the booking request. 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Suja25 

You offer an entire house in a rather secluded location.

In 95% of all cases a saturday night booking for such a listing will be a party. Be careful.

Sean433
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Suja25 

There are so many reasons why I personally would not accept this booking. The first 1 being that it is very high risk with it being 1 night on a Saturday by a local guest. The risk outweighs the reward.

The second is that I hate bookings that start on a Saturday because it pretty much ruins my ability to book a home for the whole weekend by 1 guest. Typically reservations that start on a Saturday and end on a Monday will lead to me not being able to book the home on the Friday because a lot of guests come on a Friday and leave on a Sunday. So then I am missing one of the most profitable days of the entire week. I actually avoid accepting reservations that either start on a Thursday and end on a Saturday or those that start on a Saturday and end on a monday.

@Sean433 

I have a house that sleeps 10.

In general, a friday to sunday booking is a family gathering. A saturday night booking is a party.

I do not accept one night bookings with check in on saturday.

Suja25
Level 2
Washington, DC

Thanks for all the great feedback!