Guest Profile Location

Anna1721
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

Guest Profile Location

Hi everyone! 

I just received an inquiry from a new guest to the platform and she doesn't have a location on her profile. I thought this was mandatory to cut back on local bookings. Can someone confirm or shed light on why this guest doesn't have a location on her profile? 

Thank you!

Anna

13 Replies 13
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Is it an inquiry or a Request to Book? Maybe they now don’t display the location with inquiries.

@Pat271  Yes it's an inquiry - I would have thought the location would be important for an inquiry to give the host more information before sending a pre-approval. Or maybe she just doesn't have it filled out - - it's been so long since I set up my guest profile I don't know everything that's required now!

@Anna1721 Your best bet is to ask the guest. I find sometimes the location is listed and sometimes it isn’t, but even if it is, it’s often not correct anyway. It’s a rare guest who keeps their profile up to date.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Anna1721,

It's best that you just ask the guest, because the profile location isn't a good indicator for where the person resides or is traveling from to your space.  For example, mine says St. Lucia, but I also live in Atlanta.  If I booked your place, you may make an incorrect assumption that I am flying into the US, and I may actually be driving from Georgia on my way to visiting family in Chicago.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Anna1721,

The guest turns off the location notification and opens a new Airbnb account.

"Ask Questions!

Screen your guests.

If you have any doubts or want more information on the guest, then don’t be shy. That’s what the entire messaging system is for! You can develop your own style and have a set of screening questions that you ask every time and evaluate the reaction of your potential Airbnb guest. One trend that I have noticed is that the guests often do not read the description or house rules carefully. Ask about that. If there is any specific rule that is very important for your listing then always ask the potential guest if they are clear on it. Use common sense and your gut! And don’t forget to have fun while playing Airbnb detective!

Happy hosting!"

Source: https://www.airbnbtips.com/how-to-screen-airbnb-guests/

@Dale711 

"If you have any doubts or want more information on the guest, then don’t be shy. That’s what the entire messaging system is for! You can develop your own style and have a set of screening questions that you ask every time and evaluate the reaction of your potential Airbnb guest. One trend that I have noticed is that the guests often do not read the description or house rules carefully. Ask about that. If there is any specific rule that is very important for your listing then always ask the potential guest if they are clear on it. Use common sense and your gut! And don’t forget to have fun while playing Airbnb detective!

Happy hosting!"

When cutting and pasting text from an online article, do be sure to provide the link so that others can go read it in it's entire context. Your comment appears to be taken from the below article, which I'm sure many hosts would find informative reading in it's entirety. 

https://www.airbnbtips.com/how-to-screen-airbnb-guests/

Plagiarism is rife!

Cher madame Collen, 

On March 31’

You stated, ‘ And in fact @Dale711, I would prefer you not to tag me anymore on this forum at all, as I don’t care to be shouted at and spoken to rudely.’

Again,  you’ve warned me, 

‘ No need to block, @Dale711  Just don't put the little '@' symbol in front of my CC name in posts.See this tutorial if you need more information. But be sure not to follow it, in my case.’

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tutorials/How-to-mention-someone-Tutorial/m-p/494851#M200 

You have set up the rules, and we shouldn't tagging each other in the forum. Yet, you’ve violated the terms at present.

You has been treat your own rules with irreverence and disrespect. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Center-Updates/March-Host-Advisory-Board-Spotlight/td-...

Actually @Dale711, I asked you not to tag me, after you spoke rudely whilst shouting at me, in the thread you reference. And I had to ask you more than once, as you wouldn’t stop. You have not asked me not to tag you. 

For the record, I would have no issue with you whatsoever, if you hadn’t done that. 

Collen, kindly do not tag me ‘ NEVER and EVER!” in the forum, and I‘ve done it! 

Madam Collen,
Do respect other member's thread. If you still have a problem, do PM ME! 

“ mêle-to de tes affaires! Collen”!

I WiSH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST!!✌️

Good morning,

What about guest that's been a member for several months but don't have any reviews listed?

Hi @Tyanna-and-Anthony0 

Good day.

If a guest has no reviews, this is not a time to worry or doubt them straight away. Instead, it is a time to ask the questions listed above and find out more about them.

With Airbnb's live chat option, it has never been easier to communicate with them until you are comfortable enough to let the guest in to your home.

Ask a question! 

And screen your guest.

Happy hosting.

Mindy115
Level 2
Brighton, Canada

It’s Airbnb’s decision to block that info from hosts 😳,  to protect guests privacy?! Or to make hosts life more difficult 

Minze