Guest Profile Photo

Guest Profile Photo

Hi everyone!  I have an upcoming guest who has verified his photo ID via Airbnb.  The thing is that only the 1/3 bottom of his face shows on the profile.  Very recent, I saw a note from Airbnb that if a full view of face is not shown to contact them.  I requested that the guest reload to the site, but I have not heard back from him, yet.  He instant booked and I now must determine whether I will cancel the reservation if not handled.  Has anyone had this problem?  How should it be handled?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

@Sheila175 one way to handle it is to write to the guest one more time, saying very clearly and explicitly that you require a photo that includes a clear image of their full face. Include an explanation that if the guest does not provide the required photo, then the reservation will be cancelled within (your choice) days.

Also contact Airbnb support; tell them you require a photo of the guest's face, and that you have asked the guest more than once to provide the photo. Ask Airbnb support that if the guest does not provide the photo with (your choice) days that you would like a penalty-free cancellation of the booking.

Follow up in (your choice) days with Airbnb support if the guest does not provide what is required.

@Matthew285 Thank you so much, Matthew!  I do think that this will get a response from him.  If not, then I do not want him as a guest, especially since he has no reviews and very recently came to the Airbnb community.