Guest Reservation on July 4 in USA for 6 people and guest won't give me guests names

Nancy409
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Guest Reservation on July 4 in USA for 6 people and guest won't give me guests names

My guest booked for 6 people.  He would only give me 3 names.  Now he says it is not the same 6 people who will be there for 4 days on our independence day celebration.  I normally say that all names need to be given one week before arrival.  Should I keep his reservation or restrict his guest count to 3?

7 Replies 7
Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

I would not accept this reservation, Sounds like a party going to happen, and you have NO IDEA who will be in your house.

Good luck 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Nancy409  I would call airbnb and tell them you are not comfortable hosting this guest because he refuses to disclose the names of the full party and you want a neutral cancellation.  I would further tell them that even if the guest relents and gives all the names that you are no longer comfortable as a result of this issue and you feel the guest would also be happier at another listing. 

Laura976
Level 4
Newport, OR

Cancel their reservation!  No respect for you equals no respect for your house. What you are asking is completely reasonable. 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Nancy409 

What's he planning to do now that the six people are different to those planned, add a friend with Covid so that he can cancel for a cash refund at the last minute? The worst case scenario is that you could do that yourself under the current provisions, but you will get your calendar blocked.

Will that guest actually be turning up - since the six people arriving are different than booked? That's more than a little worrying. Airbnb should have your back on this and allow a neutral cancellation.

Very interesting...I also think AIRBNB blocks your listing when something goes wrong.  Thank G-d for other booking sites who brought me most of my fully booked summer.  AIRBNB - don't slit your own business N'est pas?!

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Nancy409  that ring Party bell, and be careful Airbnb can say everything they want but when u have issue good luck to get assistance or a penny, I am dealing right now with them, as i had a group of guys who through a wild party 10 days ago and till now no answer to my claims.

It took me 3 weeks to get a claim paid and they wanted to negotiate with me...never made my carpet matching on a stairwell.  Thanks for your response.