Guest Trip Info questions, vs. Welcome Message (instant bookings)

Kenneth12
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Guest Trip Info questions, vs. Welcome Message (instant bookings)

Some of my listings display:

screenshot-www.airbnb.com-2019.05.05-22-26-43.png

while others have 

screenshot-www.airbnb.com-2019.05.05-22-27-07.png

Is there any rhyme or reason to this,   or any way to change which it is,  or is this Yet-Another example of ABB having incomplete deployments or using us for A/B testing?  

Thanks in advance,  Ken

4 Replies 4
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

No idea @Kenneth12  but they have been doing a lot of "tinkering" lately and it's not affecting everyone apparently. I just posted about a change to the way "About this Space" is displayed and it's affecting some hosts, but not others.

Michelle-And-Michael0
Level 10
Wollongong, Australia

Hi @Kenneth12 I believe that there has been a change to the pre-arranged suggested template 'Welcome/introductory' message, as shown in option #2, from hosts to their guests. 

The suggestion by Airbnb, was that we replace it with our own individualised message template that we can send when required. 

My uneducated guess is that, they may be in a transition period with making these changes.... 

Felicity50
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Could it be that #1 message goes to those able to instant book becuase of prior good reviews and messgage #2 goes to those who have no prior reviews? That's how it's set up for me. 

That's not it.  These are the same section on different listings.   I was hoping there was something I didn't realize to toggle on/off to get one or the other,  but it sounds like this is just an issue of ABB's odd software deployment practices.