Guest Trip Information Auto-Message and Response rate

Claire476
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Guest Trip Information Auto-Message and Response rate

Does the auto-response I can populate under "Guest Trip Information" count as a response towards maintaining my response rate? 

Also, what are some good examples of an auto-response? Because it's new and it doesnt show up in the messaging thread with guests, I feel my current message is a bit clunky - like I'm saying the same thing 2x! I've seen that some hosts say that its an auto response - do you find this works well?

Current message: 

Thanks for booking!

I’ll send details about check in closer to your stay. In the meantime, if you have any questions about the condo or Whistler, please don't hesitate to ask!

Claire

3 Replies 3

@Claire476

I dont know so much about what counts in your response rate...it is all shady and no one seems to quite know ..and Airbnb goes out of its way to keep the answer  hazy 

I have an auto response ..yes...but with any booking I still send a message which is personal (include the actual guest name) and a nice greeting to say thanks and let them know that..yeah your host really does exist and yeah that booking you just made did actually reach me ...

Auto responses are good....but they do feel like an ....auto response .. (Dear Guest ..hummm )

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

As a guest, @Claire476, I agree with @Mike340 that auto messaging is good but not sufficient.  I recall feeling put off by a host that did not personally acknowledge the week I reserved in their Hawaii home.  As a host, I like to being the rapport building from the beginning and personal messages.  Since you are off site and not visible to guests, it might be a useful step.  Certainly would help guests feel you are truly available and they might not sand bag you as did the negative review about the location above the pub.  Just a thought 😄

I may be uninformed but it is my understanding that response rate is related only to any pre-booking messaging, inquiry or request.  If the guest has booked, then your messaging response is not included in your response rate.

Debra195
Level 2
Gulf Shores, AL

How can I turn off auto response?