Guest acting strange and causing problems

Dimo1
Level 2
Sofia, Bulgaria

Guest acting strange and causing problems

Hello hosts !

Its my first post here since I started hosting almost an year ago. We have two private rooms in our house and our experience till today with guests was great, execept one or two persons, but nothing scary.

I remember my words to my mom, that one day someone strange or even crazy will come here and we will have to deal with that person... lol, and so it happened. 

I would discribe my guest as friendly, chatty and positive person and thats how I accepted her and it was good to have such person at home until strange things started to happen. I must say she was for only two nights... 

First, my magnets on the fridge changed position and were rearranged, then different objects, like tennis balls (from which, I have a lot), canndles, glowing stars and many other small things were placed on random spots and places arround the house and even outside the yard. I must say that it happened for the first time and decided to act normal and dont say anything, just bring them back in place, when she goes, it wasnt a problem.

Then it was time to clean the room and the same rearrangement has happened there... My books on different shelves and I mean all of them! Again different objects placed randomly, with those positive messages that we see on internet everyday placed like tags everywhere and still, I was accepting that behaviour somehow.

Later that day I was called from a friend of mine to ask me who is that person and is she staying in my place. She called me from the milk shop, next to my place, where I send my guests for coffee, milk, sandwiches etc... 

That lady rearranged their place the same way she did at home, but they stopped her sooner. She was making inappropriate sexual sugestions, showing her........ long story short, they called the cops, but she was gone before that and had to make her go away.

My main reason for my post is to ask:

°If somebody have had a similar experience.

°Should I NOT recomment that guest when leaving review and kind of warn other hosts like me with my review.

Must say that she has only positive and friendly reviews...

I will be happy to read what you think 🙂

Dimo

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I think you should be honest. However you should only comment on your own hosting experience.

Personally I would have mentioned to her while she was there that this is your home/listing and would prefer her not to rearrange things in your home.

You can say the positive things about her first and then mention that she moved objects and furniture around in your home which made you feel uncomfortable. You can also indicate you wouldn't have her stay again.