Guest booked for husband

Guest booked for husband

We had a guest book a stay and it was confirmed, after it was confirmed she told us through messaging on Airbnb, that it was for her husband.  We didn't have an issue with this, apart from not seeing a photo, but we were kept in good communication of movements and the husband stayed with no problems at all.

We now have to leave feedback, and the questions ask "Did [account holder name] ..." 

It wasn't the account holder who stayed, which made me think, and now looking at other messages and forums I can see that it is against the Airbnb rules to book on behalf of someone else.

So now, I don't know how to answer the feedback questions, or what to write - something like "[husbands name] stayed with us.... clean and tidy etc.."

Should I ignore it and just leave feedback as if it was the account holder who stayed?

Thanks

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I personally would just ignore it. We had this with one of our first bookings where a husband booked for his wife and aunts. I would only be concerned if a host was booking for non relation or someone much younger than themselves

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

I would explain the 3rd party reservation first and tactfully mention how you nor the guest did not know this was against the rules and then give an honest review on the person who actually stayed. It's important for the wife to know she can not do this and maybe more importantly give other hosts a heads up.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Andrew1898 @Juan63 @Mike-And-Jane0 

I would have a read this experience.. It might help currently to adjust your opinions and/or in the future in view of how Airbnb might view even the booking on behalf of a wife/husband:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Guest-won-t-arrive-till-late-and-wants-me-to-give-the-ke...

huh? I don't understand your response.

ABB will not provide you with any sort of protection for a 3rd-party booking:  if you accept it,  they will not refund if things go bad,    and if the 3rd party causes damage,   you are not covered by the host guarantee.

Never accept 3rd-party bookings.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

When reviewing third-party guests (only ever elderly mums/dads) I go for the; 'This stay was for Joe's mum. Easy to host, friendly and tidy' line. Hasn't failed me yet, @Andrew1898.

we've just got one where a lady has booked for her husband and son.  from other reviews they usually travel as a family but it looks like mum is staying at home this time.

we're just letting it go, it'll probably work out fine.

First 3rd-party booking I accepting was wife's account,    for husband-- let me know a few days in advance-- wife has good,  business professional profile and reviews.

I let them in,  husband "and friend" both UChicago alums head to reunions,   come back fairly smashed.

About 4am,   I hear guys arguing (hey,  we have other guest rooms) and head down the rear stairwell,   where I can smell cigarette smoke coming out of the room (which has one window in the stairwell).

Hubby then proceeds to claim he smells natural gas,    can't sleep,    has to exit-- and proceeds directly to the Hilton.

One night sleep lost,    next morning ABB CSR tells me since I let them in "I knew it was a 3rd party" and she can't offer my anything--  guy wants a refund (she's not giving him another free night in the Hilton).   I'm informed if I cancel,  no money.

I say fine,   if they want to show their faces they can come back,  I won't stop them.

Didn't hear a peep.

"Probably" isn't good enough for me.