Guest broke house rules

Guest broke house rules

we are very new to hosting the house. 

Our FIRST GUEST check in lastnight. he was book for 8 people. however there are 20 people show up and stay in the house. we have message the person but he did not reply. we see that they were smoking weed in the back Yard ,pee in backyard.

by the way, we have security cameras on outside the hosue.

so what i can do about this.

This is our FIRST AIRBNB GUEST.

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Contact Air BNB after you tell the guests to leave, @Jonathan313.  They are breaking your rules and you want Air BNB to cancel the reservation.  If you feel it is unsafe for you to directly confront the guest, contact the police to advise of the illegal activity.

Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB.  Good luck!!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Thank you for the advice. This is the last night they will be here. Our listing allow 9 people. If there are more then 9. It will be 50 per person. Am I able to ask for the rent of the different?

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

In my case is only 5guest no more then 5 or less that why is important to cheack in person now if you see more then the amount that you you agree then give them there money back and send alway is not worth it that kind of a crowd belongs in a hotel not in your home a home so pose to a place you and guest feel safe forget the review is not going to make you bigger or smaller come on now be smart is your place now 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

If 20 show up and only 8 are suppose to stay, best address that absurdity up front versus now finding the 'fix' to the situation. 20 people is a mob, and usually turns into an out-of-control situation.

I see that you are new, perhaps lesson learned already: do your best to prevent things before they happen. 

Allison116
Level 10
Walnut Creek, CA

Tell them only 8 can stay. Then call the police if more than 8 are left after giving then say 30 min to leave. They are trespassing. Also tell airbnb and block them from renting from hosts in the future.