Guest cancelled during stay, do they get a refund?

Answered!
Karen27
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Guest cancelled during stay, do they get a refund?

I have a guest who's cancelling their reservation after staying two nights. They were happy with everything but their situation has changed. I have a flexible cancellation policy where they have to cancel 24hr before check in.

So unless I'm missing something there is no refund for this guest, right?

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Karen27,

It depends on how many nights the reservation was for.

When a guest cancels after check in, and your policy is flexible, the policy description cancellation_policies says

"If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the accommodation fees for the nights not spent 24 hours after the official cancellation are fully refunded."

So If they've stayed 2 nights of a 4 night stay they'd get a refund for 1 night.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16

i have a guest who booked for 19 nights, then he cancelled the trip because he chose the wrong area, our house is far from the place he would like to visit.. he stayed for 4 nights and i have moderate policy, do i get the fees for 4 nights? and what else? im really confused here.. can anyone explain it to me thanks

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Natalie607  Airbnb Help Centre is a great resource for you as it covers the basics around Airbnb.

Yes you will get paid for the four nights he stayed. Then any refund will be in line with the moderate cancellation policy that you have for your listing.