Guest cancellation

Mariana758
Level 1
Nelson, New Zealand

Guest cancellation

Hello,

I have an upcoming guest who must cancel due to travel restrictions as a direct result of Covid-19.

They booked well before the pandemic.

Please advice how best to proceed so they get a full refund & there are no penalties for the guest or host.

Is there any reimbursement available from Air Bnb for the loss of income related to this reservation?  

It is a longer term reservation so the cancellation will affect me a lot.

Thank you,

Mariana

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mariana758 The guest just needs to call Airbnb and ask for a cash refund. If they booked before March 14th it should be granted - The guest just needs to check the latest Airbnb covid policies.

Even where a guest booked post March 14th I managed (at the second attempt) to persuade Airbnb to refund in full by explaining that it was legal when booked and made illegal by lockdown. It took time but they recognised this as an extenuating circumstance

@Mariana758 

Send this link to the guest and tell them they need to contact Airbnb CS directly to get the booking cancelled and get a refund. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2701/extenuating-circumstances-policy-and-the-coronavirus-covid1...

Unfortunately for you, an extenuating circumstance cancellation means the guest will get a full refund but you will not be paid anything.  

Thank you