Guest cancelled had double airbnb bookings

Erika8
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Guest cancelled had double airbnb bookings

Has anyone had an issue with a guest double booking an Airbnb in the same city? A guest requested to book after her host cancelled, we accepted got the house ready within 24 hours and the guest cancelled at 1pm day of. The reason she said is because she had multiple Airbnb hosts accept request for last minute booking. 

Does anyone agree this is a glitch in the system that must be addressed? I spent over 5 hours prepping for guest last minute request and took time off work to ensure the house was clean and ready. 

2 Replies 2
Janet10
Level 2
Sechelt, Canada

My issue is similar in that I too spent all day preparing for a guest who.... at the last minute..... did not show up or even let me know why.  I had been emailing them all day back and forth and when I refused to bypass airbnb and give them a discount they just disappeared. My question is: does airbnb want these guys on their list of clients? I was hoping for the booking but not willing to stiff Airbnb. And I gave up a day with family to sort it out. Ack!!! I would be happy to identify the guest for anyone who wants to know. I thought it was sleazy and - in the long run - was just as happy not to have them here.

Graeme1
Level 3
Burleigh Heads, Australia

Janet,

I felt for you over all the work that you went through for the guest.

My concern relates to the payment that they would have made to Airbnb once they had accepted the booking.

Airbnb has a fixed policy relating to guests who cancel a booking within the prior 24 hours of arrival, and you need to follow this up as you should have received payment for 1 night regardless of their cancellation.

Graeme Brattle