Guest cannot pay now and wants to pay on arrival.

Simon4
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Guest cannot pay now and wants to pay on arrival.

A potential guest has never used Airbnb before and wants me to reserve the room and she will pay on arrival. She can pay the Airbnb service fee. Is it possible without providing their credit card in the reservation system?

6 Replies 6
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Not possible to reserve on Airbnb and pay on arrival,  and not a good idea.    All payments should be done through the airbnb system.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Simon4

I don't think so and you are probably asking for trouble.  All money needs to be paid through the Airbnb system.  

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sounds like the type of guest you do not want in your home. And, there is no way for the guest just to pay the Airbnb fee and then the rest to you in cash. Sounds like a bit of a scam to me

Alan1
Level 2
Torquay, United Kingdom

That's a definite no no!  You will not have the support of airbnb if the booking is made outside of their system, which is fair enough!... besides it is outside your agreement with airbnb. 

From posts I have read over the time of being an airbnb host,  it is highly likely this guest could be trouble.   No payment,  no booking! 

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Per Airbnb policy, it is not permitted for any individual (guest) who contacts you through Airbnb, to pay you directly for accomodations.  All guests who find you through AIrbnb must pay through Airbnb.  There are reasons for this beyond just the fact that Airbnb would not exist for us all to benefit by, if it drew no profit from our business transactions. There are several ways that hosts can be scammed by renters paying them directly, , and those hosts who have no property rental experience, are the most likely to be victims of these scams because they dont' know what to look out for.  

Agreee with all thats been said.  I don't feel the fee is very high at all so everyone should  be willing to pay it to keep the service alive and well. 

Support that which supports you.