Guest didn’t show up or checked in

Guest didn’t show up or checked in

A guest place a reservation about 3 weeks from her arrival time, right during the check in reservation, as usual, I ask the guest to provide me her check in time, so I can organize myself to her arrival.

about 3 days of her arrival, she told me she made a mistake and needed to leave 2 days earlier from the date booked. Since her reservation was made for Carnaval, the biggest holiday in Brazil, my policy is not refundable, but I offered her one day free on her next booking, and she couldn’t still provide me her check in time.

Strangely two days before her arrival she  contacted me telling she didn’t take the booster Covid-19 dose, I told her that coincidentally I had took my day at that day and could take her to get her shot, she agreed.

A night before her arrival I once again asked what time would she arrive, she gave me a vague answer, around lunch time, so on the day of her arrival, I sent her a message at 7:30 confirming her arrival at lunch time, 12:00, she confirmed back.

later, around 8:45 she sent me a message telling she has arrive at my city, I told her that I was walking back home but would only be there around 12:00 as planned in advance. I got home at 11:45 and told her she could come, again, she gave me a vague answer, telling she run into some friends and was going with them for lunch, at 3:00pm, no show, so I got worried with the amount of delay about her checking in, sent her a message telling that I would have to leave again at 5:00 pm, she says that when she was in her way to my place, she would let me know. I told her that she had agree to take her 3rd dose and the place would close soon. Than she started to use this as an excuse for not to do her check in. I told her to come that I would take her on the next day, she refuse, clamming she didn’t want to take the shot anymore…. 
She has created numerous situations for me to cancel her reservation and get her refund, since I didn’t do any of that , and reported already Arbnb that she didn’t checked in, they said I should not cancel because I would be held responsible and now shows that im currently hosting her even thou I am not!

1 Reply 1
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

@Roberta830 That can be a very uncomfortable  position waiting during the reservation, wondering if they will show up at some point. And then will they make a claim back to AIRBNB requesting the funds back?  It’s happened to me but with no communication with the guest. Strangely she wrote a review and have me 5 stars. 
i agree with AIRBNB, do not cancel.  Sorry I don’t have any other advice. In no way should AIRBNB refund any of her money.  You have earned it already.