Guest doesn't keep to house rules and has dog that pees on carpet!

Kal0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Guest doesn't keep to house rules and has dog that pees on carpet!

My current guest has a dog that clearly isn't house trained. I have carpet in the whole flat and in 4 days I have discovered twice the dog peed on the floor.
Also I live in a very large space. i ask of the guest not to heat the full flat like for example the bathroom if they don't plan on spending time in there, to keep the heating cost down. However I keep coming home and all the heaters are on.
Of course I have addressed these issues in a polite way with the guest, various times.
She is generally very friendly so it's nothing personal. However if it continues like that I don't appreciate he staying with me any longer. What can I do, can I cancel the guest now that they are already with me? What's the policy for that?
Thanks.
2 Replies 2
Nancy2
Level 6
Sacramento, CA

You would want to contact Airbnb about re-homing the guest.  Don't cancel them on your own!  Will affect your listing status, possible penalties etc.  It would be best if you have messaged them about the issues via the Airbnb messaging system so Airbnb can see your efforts to resolve the situation.  Good luck!

Kal0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thank you Nancy much appreciated!