Guest has told me they will cancel but hasn't yet

Petra46
Level 1
Penzance, United Kingdom

Guest has told me they will cancel but hasn't yet

My guest for 2 September has told me they want to cancel.  They have until 2 August to do this and still get a refund.  How  can I free up my calendar before this - the sooner they cancel the sooner I can find another booking.

6 Replies 6
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Petra46 contact your guest again and tell them if they want to cancel to please do it as as possible so other people can book those days. If they don't respond you can contact Airbnb and ask them to try to contact your guests and find out what are their intentions with this booking.

@Petra46  Draw their attention to your cancellation policy and remind them they will not get a refund if they don't cancel soon.  That might be the fastest way to get their attention. Good luck!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Petra46 Did they instant book??

if so you're allowed to cancel no problem 

or if the convos are on abb messaging then contact customer service and get them to handle the cancellation 

whatever you do, don't wait

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Kelly149

Sorry your advice isn't correct. You can only cancel on Instant Book is the guest doesn't meet your house rules.

@Petra46 I agree with calling Airbnb and asking them to reach out to your guests.

@Helen3 Who knows what CS would think but holding a reservation that they don't intend to use seems to break a rule and be a cause to say "I am not comfortable with this guest"

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Sorry to say, but its based on your cancellation policy. The guest let you know as a courtesy, to what end I'm not sure and can wait until Aug 2 to cancel. They have nothing to gain and nothing to lose by cancelling any sooner. If you cancel them yourself your dates wiil be blocked and no one will be able to book. AirBnB wont cancel without reaching out to the guest to confirm.