Guest having sex in my apartment whilst I am there (making noise)

Answered!
Kippy0
Level 3
Alicante, Spain

Guest having sex in my apartment whilst I am there (making noise)

I have hosted over 40 bookings in 2 years I think. Never have I experienced what I experienced this weekend. A guest rented a room in my apartment for her and a male friend. I am assuming they are in their early 20ties. At first all seemed well and the guests were kind as always when I first meet them.

This guest is fairly new to Airbnb joined in April (no reviews) so I am also assuming I may have been her first booking. Anyway, fast forward to later in the evening, I hear screeching coming from the room so I asked my bf, if he could hear that noise (from upstairs our bedroom which is on an other floor yet not really sound proof). My bf says, Oh my god I think they are getting it on. I could not believe that a guest would do that not only in a strangers home of which you are merly renting a room, but also whilst the host is present in the house. I also believe they as they were making the bed move they have the knowledge that they would cause for noise.

I am super disappointed in this guest and that she would do this whilst we were in the house. I therefore feel like not giving her a good review at all. I think you can never know what people do in a private room and its the risk you take but the fact that we heard it and they did that whilst we were in the house I believe is super disrespectful. At some point I came down, turned on all the lights in the hallway, made myself known in the space and they still kept it going.

What kind of review do I give this guest? I feel like I have to say something about it but I don't want to get too personal and put her on the spot. I don't necessarily not wish her any future bookings. Advise anyone?

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

201 Replies 201

@Robin4

I have been watching you 😉

Long lifestory short: Lost my job 16 months ago. Started Airbnb to help pay mortgage etc. Got job part-time in August (60% of the hours in a full position). Then 80% from January. Been VERY busy with new job and meetings due to it this year. And then got an oportunity to rent entire space for a month=a LOT of work emptying closets and personal space. Now living with my parents for the first time in 13 years. I hope we all survive... End of story: spare time is not too present at the moment. In particular spare time were I have the energy to write in English (I think you remember our previous talk).

But still here! Reading, learning and giving some thumbs up. 😊

Mariann 🙂

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Mariann4

Vel, det er så godt å se deg her igjen, og jeg er glad for at du har en god jobb igjen ... Mariann, hvis du liker det du gjør.
Å leve med foreldrene dine igjen må være vanskelig for deg ...... vi ikke liker å gi slipp på vår uavhengighet.
Og Mariann, er det ikke behov for å "gni det inn" ... Jeg vet at sommeren er på vei for deg og kald på vei til meg, men kaldt her er ingenting som kaldt for deg slik, jeg vil leve trodde det !
Mariann, vil jeg svare deg med noe mer om hosting når jeg har sjansen. Jeg er veldig opptatt på denne tiden av sommeren kommer til et nært og mye arbeid jeg fortsatt trenger å gjøre for å gjøre livet mitt kjøre slik jeg vil ha det til, så alt jeg vil si på dette punktet ....
God hosting for deg Mariann og mitt håp for deg er at det i år vil være en av de beste av livet ditt!

Cheers.........Rob

I would have removed the guest and told them you do not rent out a brothel provided you told them no 2nd guests are allowed.

Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

I remember those days, @Kippy0.  They were wonderful!  😉

People getting it on in my house does not bother me at all.

Welcome to the world of hosting young, healthy, red-blooded, hormone-laden couples!

I became a mother so no more airbnb for my amsterdam apt.

@Wendy0 wrote:

I remember those days, @Kippy0.  They were wonderful!  😉

People getting it on in my house does not bother me at all.

Welcome to the world of hosting young, healthy, red-blooded, hormone-laden couples!

You do what you gotta do.

I love Alicante, @Kippy0.

I hail from Asturias!

Hail from San Sebastian!!! 

Residence, Pennsylvania 😳

Yes agreed as long they respect the rules.. like if shared bathroom don’t have sex in the bathroom with light off and unlocked door ... yes have sex but no the whole neighborhood needs to know about it 

Susan383
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

To the crazy people who replied to my post about a guest having sex in my single room.  I would never have sex in an Airbnb house.  If I want to do that I book a hotel room as I have just done in South America.  I have now put a message on my site. NO SEX In THE ROOM

susan

I agree w you susan!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kippy0

Hey, good to see you back after all this time, hope all is going well for you and that motherhood is aggreeing with you!

Cheers.....Rob

Oh no @Susan0...

It is not good style to call people crazy just because you disagree! Please keep it civil... Or just reconsider having paying guests in your room with rules from medieval ages. Airbnb might just not be for you... 

Mariann 😕

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Susan383

Well, on behalf of those 'crazy people' that's fine Susan! I (we) respect your opinion and as long as you make that a prominent part of your listing description so as not to mislead people or cause offence to yourself then OK.

I have always found tolerance to be a great trait to have in life......It seems most of the worlds ills are the result of intollerance!

Twenty years ago my eldest daughter after struggling with herself for years came to my wife and I and told us she was gay! We both just gave her a big hug and ours lives and our relationship with our both our daughters has never looked back.

On reading your post and your responses Susan I sort of wonder how you would accept my daughter and her partner if they were to book to stay with you......would that be crossing a few of your boundaries? 

I don't appologise for being a 'crazy' person.....and I certainly don't appologise for being a tolerant one!

Cheers.....Rob

@Susan383 , I checked , but there is no "no sex in the room" notification on either of  your two listings. Perhaps that gives you time to modify a bit, like "quiet sex only", or "if you must, go ahead and **bleep**". In any case, I'm glad you had sex on your recent. South America trip. How was it?

hahaha, the term for sex alone , just with oneself was bleeped out...inquiring minds might want to know.....

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Annette33

I think that response firmly puts you in the "crazy's camp" Annette!
You know you only have to substitute one letter in the word with a * and it will go through....if it was that M word you had in mind ;-)!

Annette, I sort of wonder where this issue would sit with Aibnb's Anti-discrimination policy!

Cheers......Rob