Guest having sex in my apartment whilst I am there (making noise)

Answered!
Kippy0
Level 3
Alicante, Spain

Guest having sex in my apartment whilst I am there (making noise)

I have hosted over 40 bookings in 2 years I think. Never have I experienced what I experienced this weekend. A guest rented a room in my apartment for her and a male friend. I am assuming they are in their early 20ties. At first all seemed well and the guests were kind as always when I first meet them.

This guest is fairly new to Airbnb joined in April (no reviews) so I am also assuming I may have been her first booking. Anyway, fast forward to later in the evening, I hear screeching coming from the room so I asked my bf, if he could hear that noise (from upstairs our bedroom which is on an other floor yet not really sound proof). My bf says, Oh my god I think they are getting it on. I could not believe that a guest would do that not only in a strangers home of which you are merly renting a room, but also whilst the host is present in the house. I also believe they as they were making the bed move they have the knowledge that they would cause for noise.

I am super disappointed in this guest and that she would do this whilst we were in the house. I therefore feel like not giving her a good review at all. I think you can never know what people do in a private room and its the risk you take but the fact that we heard it and they did that whilst we were in the house I believe is super disrespectful. At some point I came down, turned on all the lights in the hallway, made myself known in the space and they still kept it going.

What kind of review do I give this guest? I feel like I have to say something about it but I don't want to get too personal and put her on the spot. I don't necessarily not wish her any future bookings. Advise anyone?

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

201 Replies 201
Jarno1
Level 2
Cincinnati, OH

Nice and helpful conversation, thank you all! This is a bit off topic, but found this thread as I was looking into reviewing a guest who obviously lied about the intent of his trip. He claimed that his air-conditioning unit is broken and needs a place for the night (one night last minute booking). What happened though, as observed through our ring video doorbell, is he and a partner—who looked different than the lady on his profile pic by the way—checked in the next morning just couple hours before our 10AM check out time, stayed for an hour "shaking the furniture", and left. Not really violating house rules as our quiet time ends at 8AM, but made me a bit uncomfortable as he was not really honest about the purpose of the trip and a bit disruptive as me and my young child live in a 2 family turn of the century house (mentioned on house rules) and the guest apartment is right above ours. Seems like the guest probably has done the same before as he has lots of (great) reviews and few of them are from the same town he lives in. I'm usually wary of guests who have many reviews from the same city they live in but his communication was decent so this flew under my radar. I feel like I should somehow point out this kind of unethical behavior for other potential hosts as I assume many don't want to host a pay by the hour kind of situation. What are your thoughts on this?     

What  if the room allowed only one guest and she brings some extranger to have sex.

@Ori8398  You list a private room in your home. You tell the guest she isn't allowed to havve other people over.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Listings reporting guests having (loud) sex will all be assigined to the OMG! categorie.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Emiel1 

Or maybe the 'Creative Spaces' category, Emiel!

Cheers......Rob

Lisa8493
Level 1
Udupi, India

I that’s life Iam afraid they pay for space. Part of the job being a host. This is natural behaviour. You should not be moaning 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Carl12
Level 8
Madrid, Spain

Not sure what you are expecting if you rent out a room for a couple on vacation. What do you do if you are doing a vacation with a partner??

I personally would not have moral problems with that but I would 1) wait until the host is away, at least preferably and 2) keep very quiet.

Hosted apparently 61 guests and at least 5-6 times people have had sex when I was in the room nearby. Thats kinda natural.

Thank you Carl for your feedback.

Since you asked, I just dont have sex in other peoples homes specially not if they are around but that is just me. 

I got great feedback from other people about what review to give her, that was my main concern now. 

Hey there, 

what feedback you received? I might need it too😂

Emma94
Level 10
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

They won't be your first or last so get used to it or don't host. Or better make a sign in the bedroom stating no hanky panky is allowed.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emma94 

I think if you're going to say no hanky pinky is allowed, you have to include that on your listing (perhaps house rules). You can't really spring that on a holidaying couple after they arrive! 

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

@Carl12 @Kippy0 

Makes a great deal of sense. I have hosted three couples by now, one on their honey moon. So far I have never heard the slightest noise. But if they had sex, I wouldn't mind. Yes, what do you expect? If the one couple on honey moon had great sex in my room, an unforgettable time in their marriage life, I would be happy for them and feel honored that my place would be something meaninful lingering in their memory.  

I'm with Carl. Bedrooms are typically where sex happens. What's the problem?