Guest inquiry

Villa-Cielo0
Level 1
Bali, Indonesia

Guest inquiry

Hello, I am new in Airbnb, and one of the guest send me a message if it’s possible for her to see first the place before she book.

for me it not a problem, but I don’t know if is it a problem for Airbnb, can anyone advise me please 🙏 thank you family 

love 

Made 

5 Replies 5
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Villa-Cielo0 I would recommend not allowing a guest to see your property before they book. It usually leads to pricing negotations and people wasting your time. Also, the guest shouldn't have your address until after they book. It's something that is discouraged by Airbnb for sure.

I have done it in rare cases in the past, and it has been a waste of time. I would not do it again, personally. I had a woman early in my hosting career who just kept contacting me and asking questions, then finally badgered me into a visit. She took a bunch of my time and I never heard from her again.

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Villa-Cielo0

I think it depends.. I had a guest that was coming to stay for 3 months, to do a course in London (she was from Manchester). As it was a long booking, I thought it was a fair request.

It was also a chance for me to meet and "Size her up"...

But short bookings, no, not possible.

Debra15
Level 2
Connecticut, United States

I would not recommend that.  Particularly if you have photos posted and reviews on your listing.  After all, that's the point.  To me, it's indicative of the type of guest they will be . . . OR   .. . they will attempt to "make a deal with you" to avoid paying Airbnb.  

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Villa-Cielo0, no, no, no.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

While Air BNB has limited ability to provide safety for the host, what safety measures there are are best followed.  One is that the address of the listing is not provided until there is a booking.  If the potential guest is able to visit before arrival, perhaps the guest can book the space and then view it within 48 hours to decide if she wants to cancel penalty free.