Guest is a thief. Aibnb should monitor his activities & alert unsuspecting hosts.

Cel-At-GMA-EDSA0
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

Guest is a thief. Aibnb should monitor his activities & alert unsuspecting hosts.

Hi! I'd like to be guided on how to reach Airbnb re this matter. A guest named *** booked with us and all facts/circumstances point to the solid possibility that he took our laptop. I'm reluctant to use the Resolution Center as it might not be as swift in terms of resolving this kind of issue. Besides the process has  documentation requirements that would delay the reporting of this incident (we're yet to look for the laptop receipt etc). Appreciate if you can provide Airbnb's direct email address for this type of issue. Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Cel-At-GMA-EDSA0,

If this is the case, Airbnb will not only require a receipt but also a police report.  You will find ways to contact Airbnb in the link below BUT email is not one of them.  Make sure you make your claim within 48 hours of your guests departure.

Also @Cel-At-GMA-EDSA0, it is really unprofessional to put the full name of a guest for all to see when you state "all facts/circumstances point to the solid possibility that he took our laptop".  It does not sound like you have solid proof and this could lead you to possible defamation (I am not a lawyer).  Hopefully the moderator can remove this person's name.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

He's cancelling and not picking up phone calls.

If I have the same name he used and I was alerted by this, I would appreciate it.

So this is a good rather than a bad thing.

That may not be his real name.
He checked out one day earlier than scheduled without a word. He took the room keys with him. 
He changed his profile photo (used different 'nationality/race')
We reported to the police already.

Yes, I am having a similar issue with a guest who even admitted to theft, but I do not have a response from the resolution center. Moreover he is posting a review of my place, this is bizzare. Who is the right person to contact under the circumstances, I am not happy with the lady who is handling the resolution center and would like to escalate the issue.