Guest is sick

Stephanie31
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Guest is sick

Hi all, got an email from my guest this morning (supposed to arrive this evening through Sunday) who said she's sick and doesn't think she should travel. I told her to cancel the reservation on Airbnb platform. We have a moderate cancellation policy. She asked if if she could reschedule the dates for another time this year. How would that work? Should I still tell her to cancel on platform? I was considering possibly offering the money she wasn't refunded toward a future weekend, but I'm also bummed to be losing out on guests for weekend because I doubt I will get any last minute requests. Thank you for any advice.
2 Replies 2
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Instead of canceling they (or you) can make an alteration to the reservation, which must be accepted by the other party.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

Despite any sympathies regarding her claim of illness, I would simply ask her to cancel (and incur the charges). Whether she migh book again or not is a separate issue. Meanwhike, you've got some dates that you might or might not be able to fill at the last minute. Let the guest take the hit, not you. They booked knowing the terms, and there's at least some large-ish chance that their sob story is, inded, just a sob story.