Guest knocked off point for an amenity I clearly stated I do not have on my listing

Karina257
Level 2
Washington, DC

Guest knocked off point for an amenity I clearly stated I do not have on my listing

Is there a way to have Airbnb cancel a guest's 4 star rating where they stated they gave me a 4 because I lacked an amenity I clearly stated in my listing that I do not have? I find the guest's ability to mark down a point because they did not carefully read the description and list of amenities as unfair. Any tips?

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Karina257Unfortunately there isn't. The only way a review can be removed is if it doesn't reflect the guests' true experience, if it includes offensive or discriminatory language, or if it includes information on an Airbnb compensation case. It doesn't cover guests not properly reviewing the listing prior to booking: it should, but it doesn't.

I would just set it aside and move on. Your reviews are great overall, and your response was good: I don't think this will put anyone off of staying with you. Your listing is clear regarding what's on offer. I know the four-star review always stings.

@Alexandra316 You are so sweet. Thank you for taking the time to look and reply! 

@Karina257  No problem! I agree that it shouldn't be allowed for guests to negatively review you over things you clearly spell out. If you've clearly set the expectations, they shouldn't hold it against you. 

I've been reviewed negatively for not being closer to Niagara Falls!

Airbnb has mentioned that they may start to allow us to remove one negative/outlier review per year. Really hoping that's something that happens. 

@Alexandra316 That would be amazing if Airbnb did that-- would really incentivize hosts to not go with their competitors.