Guest left before reservation complete now the review

Vanessa1349
Level 1
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Guest left before reservation complete now the review

Hi I had a challenging situation. I Air Bnb a lockoff suite in Playa del Carmen Mexico. All photos are posted and legit.  

Guest checks in he’s upset it’s not a single family home with kitchen and outside space.  I have every detail listed and a photo right down to the mini fridge.  Clearly this was an error on his part booking.  

He’s upset leaves early the next morning to a “much better place” demands I refund him for the night not used.  I did not and will not.  

Anyway as soon as his reservation is officially over I get the notification that he already left his review.  

Please help me hedge this situation properly with my review right out of the gate.  As with everywhere right now we are struggling here to stay afloat with any tourism.  I need advice on how to properly review him.  

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Vanessa1349 Just leave an honest review. When his review is published you have an opportunity to respond. It is this response that is critical and many hosts on here will help you with suggestions as to how to phrase it.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Vanessa1349  "Guest left shortly after arrival, upset that the listing wasn't an entire house with full kitchen and outdoor space.

Listing is quite clear both in photos and text that this is a private suite, not an entire house. Guest obviously failed to read the listing description."

Vanessa1349
Level 1
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I’m going to start with this thanks Sarah 

Anthony223
Level 10
Portugal

@Vanessa1349 

Greetings Vanessa.  Many (very many) guests don't read. We have had more than our fair share of guests who didn't bother to read the listing properly and then complained about things which they were supposed to know before booking.  If they write an unfair review, I am always brutally honest with my replies.  Some hosts prefer to reply in a much softer way but I always want to tell it as it actually is.

Sometimes guests can be shockingly unfair and dishonest with their reviews.  We all want AirBNB to support us hosts much more when guests write untrue/revenge reviews.