Guest left retaliation review after we filed a damaged furniture claim

Jessie141
Level 1
New Jersey, United States

Guest left retaliation review after we filed a damaged furniture claim

Hi, 

our recent guest broke our living room sofa and we filed a claim against him. He refused to pay and left a false review saying the sofa was already broken when he checked in. However, not one word was mentioned during his stay, all he said was great, happy to stay at our place etc etc. it’s until he checked out and we found the broken sofa, he turned on us and left a false review said we tried to scam him. 
we already contacted Airbnb to have the review take down but no words from them yet. 
anyone with similar experience and advice on what to do next are appreciated. 
thank you! 

47 Replies 47
Allie179
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

I have had the same! AirBnB needs to create a new policy for how to handle REVENGE REVIEWS. My only 2 bad reviews have come from guests who retaliated after I have filed a claim for damages. I did post a reply to the revenge reviews, but that does not make up for the reviews dropping my rating from 4.89 to 4.73 and causing me to lose super host status! I have finally recovered my rating to 4.8 and just yesterday had a guest that left with nearly $3k in damages. Since I know AirBnB won't protect me from a revenge review, I'm now forced with the decision between submitting the claim immediately and risking my rating and future super host status or taking my property offline for 14 days and waiting until after the rating period to submit my claim. Being forced to take my listing offline for 2 weeks in order to submit a claim is a loss of revenue for myself AND for AirBnB. There needs to be a policy that offers protections for hosts against retaliation reviews!

How about  Protection for  Guest that didn't do anything wrong even the host says that  we were great guests and that they would recommend us to any other airbnb host and then as soon as you write a bad review to them they accuse you of breaking their couch and want  Reimbursement. We stayed one night left early in the morning never even sat on the couch.

Margo392
Level 2
Watervliet, MI

My situation is a complete opposite I am the guest and and the host wrote a good review about me and said that he would recommend me to other airbnbeers Then when I gave him a one star review because of no necessities in the airbnb B and my husband hit his head 3 times on 3 different doors because the doors were only about 5 feet high. After my review he came back as saying I broke his couch we were only there one night we probably stayed for about 7 hours went to a concert came back late but right to bed Never even set on the couch . I'm 70 years old a senior and so is my husbandWe have been renting airbnb's for a long timeI have never given a bad review because there was no need to. Now the first time I do I get retaliation from the host with lies.