Guest lied about traveling alone and brought boyfriend? After cancelling?

Guest lied about traveling alone and brought boyfriend? After cancelling?

Weird situation! Single female staying in a private room. She claims she didn't realize it wasn't an entire home. I refund her but then see it is actually her and her boyfriend leaving the apartment together.  I even looked her up on facebook, they both posted pictures from my apartment because it is in a great location, before she claimed the refund. I authorized the refund because she said it was just her and she felt unsafe there. Now I find out she's lying about the whole thing. What recourse do I have now? Scumbags who shouldn't be part of the airbnb community!

1 Reply 1

It seems the guest thought should was booking an entire home and would have the place to herself, thus not having to disclose that she would be bringing her partner without telling you. Or maybe she called on her boyfriend to join her after realising that she didn't want to be there alone, and didn't intend to have him stay originally. Either way, she should have informed you, but did she actually stay or not? You say you refunded her, so did she leave straight away or did they actually stay one night in your apartment? If they left without staying, you don't really have any recourse, as you authorised the refund, and they guest didn't stay in your property. I think to call them scumbags is a tad harsh, as there's obviously been a bit of confusion. I'd just put it down to experience and move on.