Guest limits by age group options?

Linda472
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Guest limits by age group options?

Hello. Is there a way to adjust settings so that the maximum guest count for a reservation can be up to 4 adults and up to 2 children? Right now I have to set it at 6 guests to accommodate that if the children are over 2. But then when I allow for 6, I end up with 6 - 20 year olds that want to party. I want to allow any age children but cap the adults at 4 so that I attract families instead of energetic party-ers that stay up all night. So like you can add infants with no trouble I'd like to do similarly with the kids that are in the next bracket up. But it won't allow for adding any older children if they've already selected 4 as their adult guest count. So I guess I'm requesting the ability to have an adult guest limit selection and a child age 2-12 guest limit selection and then infants would stay as is. That would give the best flexibility to attract families and groups of the right size that are the best fit for my home and lifestyle. Thank you for your help. Linda

6 Replies 6
Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

@Linda472

Sorry, I don't know how to do this, others may.

But, we had the same problem and in the end decided to make our listing for 4. We found we still got people contacting us saying 'we've got 3 kids, is that okay' and we could say yes. But, it meant the football team looking for a party base stopped contacting us.

And, fewer people is less wear and tear, so if you can get enough bookings for fewer people, it's to your advantage.

@Ben205Thank you!  It's interesting that no matter where you are in the world we all experience the same things!!  I've done this for 2 years and I'm just completely over the party crowds that come through.  It's time to filter that out and stick with families and smaller groups.  Thank you for the laugh.  It's exactly what happens!  Cheers.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Linda472. According to the current settings it is not possible from the host's side. Guests have that option while booking, but it is not represented in the host admin panel. // @Ben205

The best is to set 4 and explain in the description that you can host up to two kids extra upon request and each time it happens send a special offer.

Maybe it's time to start a topic in Hosting and ask other hosts to vote for such an improvement in the admin panel options.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Kate333
Level 1
Kamas, UT

Hello to all on this topic, @Ben0 and @Linda0

I live in a resort area and do not feel good at all renting my lovely home to six 20 and 21 year olds. I do not believe there is enough of a deposit that I could collect. I have respect for my neighbors and do not want them to get a group of young resort workers. I was young once too and if this is the first time out of their country and away from home, I simply do not feel comfortable at all.

They want three months and  it would be too hard to keep track of what is going on in the home. It is in beautiful condition and the families and groups I have had so far have treated it with respect.

I do not appreciate it if Air BnB is going to block out those three months for declining. I reserve the right to screen my groups and love having families....   parents and their children.

@Ben0 and @

Aimee152
Level 1
Franklin, TN

@Linda472 did you ever find a way to specify a max of 4 adults out of the total 6 allowed? I need to do the exact same thing. 

Hi @Aimee152 no I didn’t, I’m sorry. Good luck. Linda