Guest logic - bwuhahahahaha!

Answered!
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Guest logic - bwuhahahahaha!

Well, we knew it would happen one day folks!

My wife and I received our first 4/5 star reviews from some overseas guests, but thankfully it wasn't for the 'overall' rating, it was for the lower level down.  It's fine really, but I wanted to share the most entertaining reason of all time for 'why' we (our listing) was rated less than 5 stars for location and value...

Apparently New Zealand is much larger than they realised, which was not made clear in our listing.

Yep.  Not kidding.  This meant they couldn't drive around and see all the sights they had on their checklist in the time they had.  They wanted to see things across 4 different locations, in 1 week, all of which are in different cities that are several hours drive apart!

Now, I can do many things... but moving bits of New Zealand closer together is rather outside my capability.

Unless.... *dusts off black-hole transporter plans*

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ben551 @Graham-And-Michelle0 

This thing about distance does come up often Ben!

Overseas guests, (and I do include New Zealanders in this) have absolutely no concept of how big Australia really is!

I had Tracy from Basingstoke here in 2011 and while she was planning her trip she said...."If we hire a car at Uluru (Ayers Rock)  and leave at 9 in the morning, what time will we get to Adelaide in the afternoon?"......

She just didn't think it looked very far on the map!

distance.png

The distance from Uluru to Adelaide is 1,700 Kms....

Try hopping in the car and setting off from London at 9 in the morning and see what time in the afternoon you would arrive in Rome!

Cheers......Rob

View Best Answer in original post

60 Replies 60
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

hahahahahaha@Ben551 I can't stop laughing 😄 😄

This reason  will be hard to beat , it's Top No1 for sure 😄

Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

@Ben551

These guests expectations are Hilarious!

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Ben551. I have started checking this community page more often just to see what you have to say. Each post makes me smile a bit and glad you are so good at story telling! Thanks! Sorry for the doing, they hurt, even when they are just stupid. 

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

You’re so kind @Beth80, that is jolly decent of you to say and I’m glad it made you smile. That alone is the silver lining in this story 🙂 

OMG @Ben551 I can't stop laughing~!!!!!!!!! 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Ben551I've been marked down on location a few times due to Niagara Falls not being closer. As I've said before, I keep asking them to move it, but no one's doing anything about it! I think yours still takes the cake though...

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Hahaha classic @Alexandra316 I love it 🙂

@Alexandra316, that is brilliant and hilarious.  I'm going to use it when I get marked down for not being closer to Bar Harbor!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Dam New Zealand and its square mileage!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ben551  Unreal. Maybe you should send them private feedback asking if they would have liked you to give them a low star rating as guests because they didn't bother to look at a map of New Zealand before they travelled there. Suggest they write a letter to the New Zealand govt. asking them to compress the country.

Obviously no listing in New Zealand would have met their location expectation.

@Sarah977 What a brilliant idea....if they compressed the country and Ben's property was smaller in square footage, he could get his taxes reduced, if property taxes are based on size. Of course, he might feel a bit cramped in the living space. <]:O)

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Ben551 At least that mark counts for nothing & isn’t easily visible. 

Our last week abb guest “you’re not downtown, but you are where you said you are.” 4*

😝😝

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Wow, that is utterly ridiculous @Kelly149 - how horrible!

oh my...no no no...how frustrating