Guest moved my dining table outside and left it there

Roxy32
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Guest moved my dining table outside and left it there

I don’t know what to do, I had a extra dining table with chairs in the garage storage, my last guest move the table to backyard and left it there, I have a 6 chair outdoor table and a small table with those chairs outside, so there was no need for them to do this, but they also have 9 extra people over so basically they have a gathering. This table is brand new. Should I report this? Should I charge for the damages to this table? 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Roxy32 

If you want to claim for damages, be sure to follow this procedure:

What-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Roxy32 I'm confused. Did you authorize those 9 additional people to come over? Seems like that could be a bigger problem.

We have something on our check in email that says "We ask that you not move furnishings to cut down on wear and tear and prevent possible injury. "  If you don't address moving furniture in house rules or other communication I might say something similar in the future.  But you have some choices now:

If the guests are still there, ask them to put back everything where they found it.

If not,  leave a review that says: So and so were pleasant enough but had a gathering at our space and moved a dining set out of storage without asking and left it outside.  Communication was lacking.  Set up for the next guests took extra time as we had to arrange the space back to what it was supposed to be. Not a guest we would have back as there was a lack of considerable for our space. 

But again,  why are there 9 extra people?