Guest on Calendar with no message history

Marsha2
Level 1
San Francisco, California, United States

Guest on Calendar with no message history

In checking my calendar this evening, there is a reservation that has no message history and I have no idea how he got a reservation, as I don't recall approving him.  And I can't find how to access his profile.  Does anyone know how to find out more about a guest or a reservation like this?

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Marsha2,

Can you take a screenshot of what you are talking about?  It might be someone who wants to book and they are "pending verification".

Does it look like the image below?  If so, someone is looking at booking your place and Airbnb puts a hold on your calendar for I believe 24 hours so the person can get verifications done.  It is not really fair as it books up your listing and nobody else can request.

pending.png

Hope this helps.  If this is not the answer, please provide more details or perhaps a screenshot.

Cheers

Dave 

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Marsha2
Level 1
San Francisco, California, United States

Thanks for your reply Dave!
I figured it out.  The guest must have booked and then canceled because when I printed out my reservations, he is listed as Canceled with no contact information.  I do wonder how he was able to book and cancel without my being notified, however.

Maybe AirBnB will see this communication and add a fix to the reservation system.

Be well,

Marsha

Hi @Marsha2,

It sounds like what I explained above happened to you.  If the guest does not get their verifications completed on time then it just cancels it and it shows up as "cancelled".  I really do wish Airbnb would stop this practice as it does tie up your listing.

Glad your listing is no longer being held hostage.  

Happy Hosting @Marsha2!

Dave 

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host